past guest reception

bbben789

i was looking on carnivals site and it says how past guests have a free cocktail party..is this the same as the captains party or is it another party on another night?

another party on another night (or afternoon)

awesome, ive only been on one other carnival cruise and have my past guest id number attached to my online carnival profile...how do we find out about the day of the party? do we get something in room?

oh really!??! im a gin and tonic man and im sure they dont walk around with those...does that go for captains reception as well?

Yes it does. I bring a little money to tip the server. I always get my rum and cokes with no problem.

i was looking on carnivals site and it says how past guests have a free cocktail party..is this the same as the captains party or is it another party on another night?

HELLOOOO,,

The past guest parties are only on 5 nights and above....

You will need to have your invitation with you....

They collect those at the door.........

The party will be in on of the lounges,,,,,,,,,

HAPPY CRUISING

Great party for about an hour. I try to down about 6-8 drinks. Didnt know you could order what you want, will get some better drinks at the next one. Didnt get a past guest pin though.

We've went to the past guest parties on our last 2 cruises. The Elation was pretty good and the server brought you whatever drink you requested and has great little snacks. The Captain spoke and they show you a small film about the history of Carnival. The same thing happened on the Conquest but getting the drink you want was hard and no snacks were offered. The invitation shows up in your room the night before with little carnival pins showing the boat your cruising on. They do take your invitation at the door of the party. It lasts maybe 30 minutes.

So it isnt a stateroom invitation? I will be going on the cruise with my family and I am the only one who has previously cruised Carnival. I wouldn't want to go alone! On our X cruises, they allow you to bring guests who are travelling with you in - I guess I just assumed it would be the same!

im a past guest myself but my girlfriend who is traveling with me is not. can she get into the reception though anyway ?? do they allow you to bring in who you are traveling with?

I've heard mixed things about this. I've actually brought people with me. I thought I heard you can bring one guest with you. I guess it depends on how strict they feel like being that night.

I wouldn't want to go alone! !

:D Dancer, there's nothing to it. Just go by yourself and have fun! I'm a female solo cruiser and I always go to the parties alone. It's only about 45 minutes out of your day, so surely your family can find other fun things to do in that short time.

Problem is - IF Carnival allowed every past guest to bring a guest (or in your case, a family of however many??)..... Can you imagine how crowded it would be?

It's been so very crowded at times, the passengers who have earned the privilege of attending the party don't even enjoy it as much anymore. So, adding guests of past guests really isn't fair at all. When your family is on their next (5 night or longer) cruise, they can all go because they deserve it! Try to look at it that way.:)

Archived