Fly into NO, Taxi and Drink Stop?

TNJR

We are fying into NO next week for our CCL Fantasy Cruise. We have decided on a taxi to port $28. We will be flying in the day of our cruise. Since we are flying, I do not want to risk carbonated bevs in checked luggage on the plane. Is there a place to stop on the way to p/u diet cokes, beer and wine in route to the port? Any thoughts? Thanks

It is a straight shot from the airport to the cruise terminal, so the cab driver will probably charge extra to make a stop on the way. If you decide to do this, get the driver to agree on a price ahead of time.

There are lots of grocery stores on Veterans Boulevard in Kenner near the airport. The driver could stop at one of these on the way and get back on I-10 at the Veterans entrance.

If that doesn't work, there are convenience stores near the foor of Canal Street in walking distance of the terminal.

If your driver is taking a straight shot up Airline, thats the way I would go due to construction on the interstate, there is a Winn-Dixie and Sav-A-Center on Airline. These are easy to get to and not a lot of traffic. If you are flying in the day of your cruise, I would have your driver avoid I-10 in Metairie. It is under constuction and there are major delays. The taxie can get on I-10 just past the Jefferson/Orleans line.

Have a great trip.

Cathy

Archived