Alaskan Cruise Wedding

Has anyone done the Alaskan Rainforest Garden Wedding. I'm divided between the glacier and the garden wedding. I've decided on Alaska and a Carnival Cruise, I do know that much for sure. I'm also think about not inviting anyoneto cruise with us. I'm not too keen on people staring at me (even my own family). Please give some advise, I'm looking to book next summer. Also, what is involved in the VIP boarding? Just curious.

I'm doing embarkation wedding in Vancouver and heading to Alaska as honeymoon. VIP boarding, assuming this is same as a priority boarding offered for the embarkation wedding, my wedding group gets to onboard first before any other cruisers. We need to arrive at the pier by 10:30am, the wedding coordinator will assist our check-in process (I have to provide non-sailing guests' ID info, etc ahead). All non-sailing guests need to leave the ship about an hour before the ship sails.

We did the glacier wedding on May 20 throught royal caribbean and I woud highly recommend it. You can look at our pictures at garrettandsara.com below. Althought everything worked out in the end with royal romance/ The wedding experience, I can not recommend them. The glacier was beautiful and so private. We felt like we were the only people on the planet. The garden looks beautiful, but the dramatic backdrop of ancient frozen ice was amazing. I am partial of course because of our wonderful wedding. We brought our parents on the cruise, but not on the glacier. If I had it to do over again, I think I would go with a company called www.alaskaweddings.net They have good prices and great customer service. We just found out about them too late and had already booked through the cruise. I am jealous that you are going to Alaska! We want to go back!:)

You pictures are amazing. I believe I read about your frusturations with royal romance in another post. Did they gie you a backup plan incase of rain, high winds, etc? I don't want to get all th way there and not get married. Did you have cake when you got back to the ship (or was it atleast an option)?

Thanks for the info cruise knotter. Let me know how your wedding goes. What cruise line are you booked on?

I'm doing on Infinity (Celebrity). Deck wedding on embarkation day in Vancouver (Ballantyne pier) with 2 hour buffet w/pianist at Constellation lounge (can have 2nd hr DJ in this lounge, but my fiance and I are not a dancer. We may have DJ if available that day).

I considered a glacier wedding at the begining, but I'm very happy doing the weding before the cruise with several non-sailing guests. This way I can just relax and have a good time with my family while sailing.

I just booked a helicopter ride in Juneau for my guests as a gift (chose this instead of a cocktail party, because it's a must).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

You pictures are amazing. I believe I read about your frusturations with royal romance in another post. Did they gie you a backup plan incase of rain, high winds, etc? I don't want to get all th way there and not get married. Did you have cake when you got back to the ship (or was it atleast an option)?

Thank you! We love our pictures too! I did not really have a backup plan. They "booked" the Viking Crown Lounge as a alternative, but I would have rather been married at a court house. I would have canceled it. They also said that the gardens would be a backup. We really lucked out with the weather! The cake was served after dinner, and after telling rr about a thousand times that we wanted it with dinner. They kept reverting to bringing it to our room!! The head waiter sang let me call you sweetheart which was very touching. You can have the cake where ever you want. It is risky to have an outdoor wedding in a unpredictable climate, but we are certainly glad we did it! I wish I had found this site earlier because there is so much information and people that have done or are doing what you want to do! :)

Cruise Knotter -

It sounds like everything is going to be great with your wedding. Getting married on the deck is another idea. I need to make up my mind...soon. Giving helicoptor rides is a great gift idea. They will remember it forever.

Space07-

Sometimes you have to take risk for things to turn out the way that you would like them to. I wasn't even sure if there was a cake. That is very sweet that the head waiter sang. It sounds like a nice touch.

When I was trying to book a glacier wedding, I was told if the weather is not good, I can't do a glacier wedding and they have a back up - garden or on the ship. I couldn't take the risk (exactly! if I can't do it on glacier, I don't want to do it on the ship because then we're missing a port (out of only 3 ports). I would do it at a court house.) Besides what should I put on my invitation?

When I learned about a deck wedding, yes! I know what to put on my invitation, location: "Deck". :D This is how I set on my mind on a deck wedding. Seriously! It's $1000 more just to rent a basic canopy. But at that time I felt it was worth paying this if I know where and what day I'm going to get married for sure!

Archived