Baby food

Roe915

Our family is taking a cruise in July on the NCL Spirit with our 6 month old grandson. I was wondering if they will heat the baby food at the restaurants for us or do we have to buy a small bottle warmer. Our grandson does not finish a jar at once so we plan to take a cooler for the leftover baby food so he can finish it at the next meal.

Would your grandson's parents consider letting the cruise restaurant blend food for your grandson? Or, would they consider bringing a small food processor with them to blend foods onboard? Just a thought.

When we went with my then 8 m/o, we brought some Gerber food in plastic containers, and he usually ate a whole one at a time. We supplemented with asking the restaurants to blend foods for us like chicken, fruits, veggies. The fruits ended up kind of watery because they would blend fresh fruits. But other things were OK.

I am making my own babyfood with number two. I just blend foods I have with my black and decker one touch chopper. If I were to go on a cruise right now, I would consider taking my chopper with me and making food myself onboard.

Back to your questions...will rest. nuke the foods for you? I'm sure of it. But you better be careful because it will probably come back too hot. I would suggest that your grandson's parent try giving him cold jarred foods to see if he would eat them.

I'm also willing to bet that in a month, he'll be downing the whole jar in one sitting... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also willing to bet that in a month, he'll be downing the whole jar in one sitting... ;)

Oh, yes. My 6.5 month old will eat an entire 4 oz. jar of a fruit or veggie plus the same amount of rice cereal and will sometimes even want more. He really ramped up his eating over the course of about a week - before that he'd eat maybe half the amount in one sitting. I'd be surprised if by July your grandson wouldn't be eating a full jar in one meal. At least. :)

Archived