Aft cabin on Freedom (1704) deck 10??

2K2 R/T

Has anyone booked an aft cabin room? Not the one I listed in particular, but period. Our cabin is on the stern and was wondering what I could expect. Pros and Cons. Any help would be appreciated. It is our second cruise and the first for another couple and we are trying to get a "heads up." Thanks in advance!!

I was on the Freedom March 4, 2007. My cabin was 1700. Large balcony. The cabin was hugh. Two flaws, there is a pole in the middle of the room. We had to have the cabin steward move the beds futher apart so that we both could have a view of the TV. There is a funny story attached to that. When we arrived in our cabin there was a man in there replacing a mirrow by the dresser. We put our things down on the sofa and proceeded to walk around in awe at everything in the room.

We noticed that on one of the beds, when laying down, you could not see the tv. So we proceeded to move the little night stand and move the beds furthur apart. Well this poor man that was working on the mirror ran out of the cabin shouting for the cabin steward. He came running in and said "No no ladies you cannot do that. Let me do that for you. We had such a good laugh over this (I guess a couple of cocktails helped) We are not in that cabin 5 minutes and already have a drink in our hands and are moving furniture. LOL

Any way the cabin was beautiful, the balcony was hugh, location was perfect. When I looked down at the lower levels, I was not too impressed. They lose some of that view because of this structure built across the back. I will look for those pictures.

Linda

balconies across the aft:

its a longer walk to the elevators/stairs but halls are quieter since people dont go where they dontt have to.

there are no ocean breezes on the aft like you got on the side. Some cruises it can be quite warm back there- keep the curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cool.

some sailings also will have soot on the balcony--shouldnt be a problem if you just wipe everything down before you use it and no NOT ever keep stuff out overnight.

Hmmm....can anyone second this? I really would love to have a breeze in my face and that soot thing sounds kinda bad. Would this be a good cabin for first time cruisers?

I have sailed the aft 7 out of 10 times. I would book a aft cabin in a nano second-

I want a bigger balcony for the same amount of money I would pay for a side one. I can live without breezes--and could go to the public decks if i needed it.

if you go to the top of this screen== under the search--type in aft cabins.- you could get a lot of information

We were in an Aft cabin in January and LOVED it...in fact...my husband wasn't big on cruising (the first one we had an inside cabin) and this one we had AFT and he could not stop talking about it.....we just booked another and he said to make sure we had an AFT cabin dead center in the back...

Incredible!:D

• 1 month later...
I found breezes on the aft. At times just a little too windy, just had to move my chair closer to the door.

I have two separtate albums with Freedom aft 1700.

1.new album name

2. Freedom of the seas.

Both of these albums have good pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lindanick101

Linda

:) :)

Linda, enjoyed looking at your pics - thanks for sharing. What category of cabin did you have?

Thanks

Kathy

• 1 month later...

Archived