Which tour group to use for Ruins tour- help needed?

angelcakes

Hi - I'm traveling with my 14yr old daugher and will be coming into Belize in July off the Carnival Valor. We decided we want to see the Ruins and want to get with a great tour guide/group. I cannot afford a personal tour so we need to link up with those that take out small groups. I don't want to do Carnival as they are always so expensive and the groups are just too big-- but I cannot afford to just go the two of us either. ANY suggestions of a good tour group to use? I tried Nacho and Cynthia but they don't have any ruins tours going the day we are in Belize.

Also which is the best ruins to see _ Lamanai? Xunantunich? or Altun Ha. Would love to go down the river and see some animals or if not possible get to the zoo to see some there.

Thanks for all your suggestions/help. I want us to have fun and be safe.

LORI

I booked with Coral breezes for the ruins tour . We will be on the Valor on August 5th and my daughter , 24, wanted to do the ruins. 5 of them will be doing that tour. You can book online with a deposit and get a discount if you book 30 days in advance:)

Cathy and Ttrevor of Smugglers Run also do ruins tours. I have seen a few people here say they have used them. Their prices were pretty good when we asked. We decided to do the horseback riding at the plantation for several reasons and based on that, I feel pretty sure they would give you an amazing tour or the ruins. It would be small and intimate and I bet it would include one of the amazing meals at the plantation. The fresh limeaide and fresh lime pie both are from plantation grown limes and are to die for! :D Drop Trevor a line at trevor@smugglersrunbelize.com and see what he has to say.

Good luck and enjoy Belize. It is beautiful. Be sure and be up ealry enough to watch the ship on the approach to Belize city. The view is amazing!

Perry

Archived