Cruise Critic Meet and Greet?

snbptrsn

Is there a minimum number of CC members that have to commit to attend? I had to register for the AOS M&M, but have not seen a link to do that for my upcoming Jewel cruise. Will they email us pre-cruise, or will there be an invitation in the cabin when we embark?

Thanks!

Liz

Is there a minimum number of CC members that have to commit to attend? I had to register for the AOS M&M, but have not seen a link to do that for my upcoming Jewel cruise. Will they email us pre-cruise, or will there be an invitation in the cabin when we embark?

Thanks!

Liz

Nope - there is no foramal M&M type program with NCL. RCI has an exclusive contract with CC. It is up to each roll call group to plan and set up any activities that want to do as a group. No email from NCL. No invitation in your cabin. Unless one of the others members of your group or you do it.

All NCL will provide offically is a space for your group to meet. That said on most ships they have in the past had some of the officers show up for your M&G.

Nope - there is no foramal M&M type program with NCL. RCI has an exclusive contract with CC. It is up to each roll call group to plan and set up any activities that want to do as a group. No email from NCL. No invitation in your cabin. Unless one of the others members of your group or you do it.

All NCL will provide offically is a space for your group to meet. That said on most ships they have in the past had some of the officers show up for your M&G.

Shoreguy and others...I was the point person for our roll call and had the interaction with NCL concerning the M&G. With the M&G we arranged on the Pearl, Alex(the concierge) took the cabin numbers, names, etc and created(with my approval) and printed letters to be delivered to the cabins of all the people on our roll call. This was for the M&G, bowling and dinner. I had collected all the info from the roll call. Granted this may have been preferred treatment as we were in a Courtyard Villa, but I think I have read of others recently having the same experience. NCL officers came, some(HD, F&B, CD,etc) gave us their cards with phone numbers and ask us to call if any problems. NCL also provided coffee, water, juice and pastries for our M&G.:) Be involved with your roll call and have a lead person that can interface with NCL.

Shoreguy and others...I was the point person for our roll call and had the interaction with NCL concerning the M&G. With the M&G we arranged on the Pearl, Alex(the concierge) took the cabin numbers, names, etc and created(with my approval) and printed letters to be delivered to the cabins of all the people on our roll call. This was for the M&G, bowling and dinner. I had collected all the info from the roll call. Granted this may have been preferred treatment as we were in a Courtyard Villa, but I think I have read of others recently having the same experience. NCL officers came, some(HD, F&B, CD,etc) gave us their cards with phone numbers and ask us to call if any problems. NCL also provided coffee, water, juice and pastries for our M&G.:) Be involved with your roll call and have a lead person that can interface with NCL.

I have had the same thing done on several cruises but unlike RCI it is up to the roll call to collect all the nfo (If they elect too) , arrange all the events, and interface directly with NCL and the wonderful staff onboard.

Dwrist, Hi I know we talked on another post but I was wondering if you knew who to get ahold of for the meet and greet meeting. I am in charge of setting up the meeting for our aug 5 cruise on the Pearl. I was given a phone number from some one on roll call but that number does not work. Contacted the ship cooridinator (pearl) by email and receive simple reply that all inquiries for space are worked on a sailing basis and if my sailing date is close in, the inquiry would be responded to in order received. I was not even sure if that was the right depart.. Call corporate office was transferred to entertainment depart.(not the right place) was transferred to market and sales and then told to call passenger courtesy. Called Karen but had to leave message there and have not heard back yet. Would like to know a head of time place and time for meeting if they will let us do that. Any ideas? thanks tr4

Dwrist, Hi I know we talked on another post but I was wondering if you knew who to get ahold of for the meet and greet meeting. I am in charge of setting up the meeting for our aug 5 cruise on the Pearl. I was given a phone number from some one on roll call but that number does not work. Contacted the ship cooridinator (pearl) by email and receive simple reply that all inquiries for space are worked on a sailing basis and if my sailing date is close in, the inquiry would be responded to in order received. I was not even sure if that was the right depart.. Call corporate office was transferred to entertainment depart.(not the right place) was transferred to market and sales and then told to call passenger courtesy. Called Karen but had to leave message there and have not heard back yet. Would like to know a head of time place and time for meeting if they will let us do that. Any ideas? thanks tr4

tr4...Ours was set up with the ship coordinator. It did take a couple of weeks for her to get back to me as she was on vacation. Email again. She was in touch with the Pearl and staff for our arrangements and would email me the info back. When we arrived in the cabin, there was a letter for me giving me the details and contact person on the Pearl for the M&G.

Shoreguy, you are correct in that NCL did not glean our cabin numbers from the passenger list. I did the leg work for that on the roll call. As for the bowling that was set up by Michael, HD and his staff along with the CD after the M&G group asking for it. The dinner was set up with Michael and Alex's help, along with a Matre'De. ;)

Archived