carnival kids clubs

From what I hear there is no bending the rules when it comes to the age groups. Think of it this way you would you want your 6 year old in a group with say 12 year olds that you didn't know? My kids are less than 2 years apart and they were separated on our last cruise because of the age groups. I'd rather have the age groups enforce than have my 9 year old daughter mixing with older kids who may say things that a 9 year old isn't ready for. JMHO.

We are cruising with friends on the Victory Feb 08 - they have a 9yr old (as do we) and a 6yr old - how strict is Carnival on segregating the kids at kids club - all 3 kids want to play together. Is this possible?

ages for camps are

2-5

6-8

9-11

12- 14

15-17

No way can the younger kids go to the older programs. Safety reason for one-- the other would be a huge liabilty.

The 9 year old could move down to the younger group (cant say that I can imagine how much fun a 9 year old can have in that program and will probaly be bored.) depends on how many kids are onboard- if sailing any week except Presidents week there should not be a problem- President week will have tons of kids onboard.

but the 9-11 can sign themselves in and out of the program.

Scavenger hunts on the ships plus a nighttime PJ party.

Just curious coz I never had to do that but why would the parents want to keep the kids in the same camp?

ages for camps are

2-5

6-8

9-11

12- 14

15-17

No way can the younger kids go to the older programs. Safety reason for one-- the other would be a huge liabilty.

The 9 year old could move down to the younger group (cant say that I can imagine how much fun a 9 year old can have in that program and will probaly be bored.) depends on how many kids are onboard- if sailing any week except Presidents week there should not be a problem- President week will have tons of kids onboard.

but the 9-11 can sign themselves in and out of the program.

Scavenger hunts on the ships plus a nighttime PJ party.

Just curious coz I never had to do that but why would the parents want to keep the kids in the same camp?

I think parents feel more comfortable that siblings can watch out for each other. I know my when my son moved up to the next group and his sister stayed in the younger group he was thrilled. He thought he was a big shot.

Archived