Ketchikan-Wildlife Sanctuary boring?

erdooley

Hi! This is my first post. My parents, husband and 3 1/2 year old daughter are sailing on Princess 7/14. One of the stops of course is Ketchikan. We have booked one of the Princess excursions at the Rainforest Wildlife Sanctuary. The other day I read somewhere on here where a poster said it was boring. Just wondering what opinion others have. It sounds good: a walk in the rainforest, boardwalk overlooking an area with what sounds like alot of wildlife including eagles, seals and possibly bears. Then you get to feed some reindeer. Sounds cool to me, but I'm interested in hearing from someone who's actually been there. Thanks!

You can try looking at their website http://www.alaskarainforest.com to get an idea of what they offer. One of the other posters noted that the bears have been scarce ever since the zipline operation started in the area. The eagles are still there, but I don't recall that they mentioned any of the other wildlife. We're doing the Rainforest Sanctuary, so hopefully it's worthwhile. Of course, we also planned this as our "take it easy" excursion. I think some of us will be fairly worn out by then!

We did this two years ago because I couldn't wait to see bears. We walked through a beautiful rainforest for about 1/4 mile (like someones back yard) and we saw a crow... That was it, a crow!!!! They charged us $89 a person and it was probably worth $15 (bus trip and back). I am sure that others have had better times than us but I would suggest doing something different.

Archived