Kayaking in Halifax - any rec?

We will be in Halifax in 2 weeks :cool: Currently, I am planning on renting a car and traveling to Peggy Cove. Can anyone suggest kayaking excursions around that area? We will be in port from 8 to 5 and I am thinking we can do both. Thanks in advance.

Hello,... I live in this area and have used Sea Sun (however out of their old location in Terence Bay,... however the new location looks good as well. I have also used East Coast Outfitters out of Lower Prospect (which is on the way to Peggys Cove from Halifax ( just a few miles off of Route 333 on the Terence Bay Road) I would highly recommend both. I have never personally used NovaShores,... however their location is also ideal for doing both kayaking and seeing Peggys Cove. I think you would be safe booking from any of these,... just find one that offers a tour that fits best into your day,....

Thank you phunnypharm. So if we were to combine Kayaking with a visit either before or after to Peggy Cove, which outfitter would be in the best location or are they all in the same general vicinity that it doesn't matter?

All three outfits are on Route 333, which is the road that leads to Peggys Cove,.. you can make a loop,.. going in from either end with Peggys Cove being rather in the center. East Coast Outfitters and NovaShores are on route to Peggys Cove,, via entering route 333 just after leaving the city .. (Novashores, in East Dover would be closer to Peggys) Sea Suns new location is on the other end of route 333,... that being said,...you can easily enter Route 333 from Tantallon end (by taking the highway to exit 5). Since you are in port from 8-5,... I would contact the groups to see what they can do for you, although the distance to Peggys Cove is not far,... the road is twisty and therefore whichever way you go, it does take some time to travel on it,... you would need to allow probably an hour on each end for travel time,... if one of the groups would do a 3 hour kayak tour for you, it would allow you a little more time at Peggys, so not to have to rush to get back to the port downtown.

Archived