New Pricing = Contracted Price

NYDee

I am so hesitant to start a new thread with so many already on the boards. But think that something I interpret in the new pricing is lost in the other threads. "No agencies can advertise, market or sell below our published or contracted pricing programs." I think the key wording is "contracted pricing programs." My agent is one of RCI's top producers and as such as always been able to provide a price I believe is competative. So RCI may be contracted with some agencies to sell at a lower price. I don't know this for sure and have not asked my TA. In her last email she said it had used "quite a stir industry wide."

Perhaps some agencies with a lower "contracted price" can advertise it or at least sell for it. We have 3 cruises booked with RCI through Feb. 2006, so it will be awhile before I know from personal experience. I am sure that the CC members will keep us updated as they book new cruises.

[quote name='NYDee']We have 3 cruises booked with RCI through Feb. 2006, so it will be awhile before I know from personal experience. [/QUOTE]Here's a question we have. If any future booked cruises have already been discounted, are the agents going to be able to honor the price? If the agent calls in your CC # for payment and the final payment called in is less than the invoice amount (they do this now and it's deducted from their commission), will RCCL allow it after Monday? Will they have to call in the invoice amount? This could get quite interesting.

Archived