Rainforest Wildlife Sanctuary

LisaH

Has anyone done this tour through Princess in Ketchikan? Budget Queen?? Looking for opinions. We are going to do the Lumberjack Show and then probably Budget Queen's walking tour. But if the Rainforest Wildlife Sanctuary tour is worthwhile, we may do that as well.

Opinions? I know seeing wildllife is not a guaranty.

thank you

Has anyone done this tour through Princess in Ketchikan? Budget Queen?? Looking for opinions. We are going to do the Lumberjack Show and then probably Budget Queen's walking tour. But if the Rainforest Wildlife Sanctuary tour is worthwhile, we may do that as well.

Opinions? I know seeing wildllife is not a guaranty.

thank you

We took the Rainforest Sanctuary tour in 2004. It was an easy walk through the rainforest and the scenery was pretty but I'm not sure that it was worth the cost. As I reacall, back then it was about $69 or $89 for the tour. We saw a few eagles at a distance but nothing else. We were there in May so there were no salmon. There was evidence of bears but we didn't see any. From our experience, I would not recommend it. Others might have a different opinion.

On our second trip to Ketchikan we walked around town and enjoyed that. There is a lot to see and the shopping is good there.

I would spend my money to go to the Lumber Jack show instead. $89 bucks could be spent to charter a taxi and get a real tour from a real local resident.

Lots of other things to do that are a better value.....

We just took the Rain Forest tour the beginning of this month (June). It was very pretty and an easy walk but probably would not do it again. You walk along a path and look and the plants. I can send you pictures if you like. Just let me know. (ruecatt@dslextreme.com)

We just took the Rain Forest tour the beginning of this month (June). It was very pretty and an easy walk but probably would not do it again. You walk along a path and look and the plants. I can send you pictures if you like. Just let me know. (ruecatt@dslextreme.com)

Thanks ruecatt but I think we are going to skip it...appreciate the info very much.

There are eagles in the area but that was the only wildlife we saw. Though we did see lots of fresh bear poop on the trail we didn't see any.

Does anyone know if the quantity of eagles (or other wildlife - not that it sounds like anyone has seen any) increases when the salmon are spawning?

Archived