Bug Dan

SweetEmi

How would a Miami to LAX repo cruise for the new POAm sound that would put us in LA 1 day prior to the convention in Reno sound to you??? It has me thinking hard!! I'd love to cruise the Panama Canal. Never been to Miami...

:D

Emi

Other than the hot weather in that area, sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I can't check with my travel agent right now since he's over in Europe cruising and won't be back until middle of Sept. Where did you hear about this cruise? I checked on NCL web site and couldn't find any mention of it. I meant to ask if Annette is going on your cruise in Nov, or is it possible she might be at the club on the 20th of Nov. Thought we might stop again, but later in the day.

Sandi (Bob and Sandi) had a post about it on the NCL site on the Cruise Critic board and I followed the link there to the NCL site and it's on there somewhere but I couldn't find anything specific anywhere about prices or anything.

No, Annette will be with me in Mexico on the 20th....I was thinking about that - that you said no one was there last year at the Elks' Lodge and I was wondering if I ever asked you what time you went. I am now more aware of things and I guess they normally don't open up until 2, except sometimes on Sundays for brunch.

So...definately go after 2 - but I don't go there often enough to know what time the "crowd" LOL!! shows up around there.

Someone on the other board said 13 days from June 25 made it the 8th, which is the day the convention starts...but maybe it would still work - if they start things a little later in the day if it is a weekday...do you know?? (I counted twice and still come up with the 7th - but I'm EXHAUSTED today - so I wouldn't believe a word I said)

Emi

Emi,

Well we were there right around 2 pm last year and there was a door open, but no one around or inside???? Hopefully we'll have better luck this year.

If the ship leaves on the 25th, I would guess don't count that day and it would be the eighth. We only ever attended one National convention about 20 years ago and if I remember that first day is devoted to registration and they have a memorial service that evening. The actual business sessions don't start until the next day. ERs have to attend them, but the peons can go out and play. We're definitely interested.

Dan: There's a thread on the subject on the NCL site and there are a couple of people getting interested. We should be able to get there before evening even if the ship doesn't get to LAX until the 8th because they usually get in in the morning don't they? I know Annette will need to be there for all the important things but I still think we might be able to swing it.

Hmmmmm....someone must have been around if the doors were open...how strange, but maybe there were downstairs getting supplies or something...I remember it was a Saturday wasn't it?? and the Makoas were going to be preparing a special dinner that night...Hopefully this year you'll have better luck .

Emi

Archived