Question about price drops after yesterday's RCI sale..

Okay...so my hubby and I booked ourselves on a Sovereign oceanview for $349 with the onboard credit.

Today I checked the price and it's now showing $319.

If I call back to hop on the price drop wagon, I lose the $50 OBC, right? BUT...since we'd be saving $60, it's worth it...right? Or is it $50 OBC per person...??

Help! I'm so confused!

No you don't lose your OBC, because they are just refunding the difference from what u paid. You are not cancelling this reservation, that would be when you'd lose OBC. Call and get the price drop difference. :)

No....I booked over the phone directly with RCI. They sent me two emails for each cabin I booked. One was a called an "eConfirmation" letter and the other was a PDF file containing the invoice.

At the bottom of each eConfirmation letter (not the invoice), directly under the Certified Vacation Planner's contact information, it states:

"If your price should decrease prior to your final payment date, we can easily match the new price. If the price should decrease on or after your final payment date - the new price may or may not be applicable as some of our price programs are restricted and valid for new bookings only. "

At the risk of sounding stupid, how are you able to tell if the rate of your cruise has dropped? I booked through RC and the rate they gave me was $100 over what was listed on their site as starting price. Is there a difference in the price of the same type room from deck to deck? Thanks.

At the risk of sounding stupid, how are you able to tell if the rate of your cruise has dropped? I booked through RC and the rate they gave me was $100 over what was listed on their site as starting price. Is there a difference in the price of the same type room from deck to deck? Thanks.

Different decks cost different amounts. I check the price by going through and simulating a new booking. I can always change my category of oceanview for additional savings, but I like the deck I'm on...The rooms are typically the same (some oceanviews have portholes rather than windows, or obstructed views...)

So yes, the rate they gave you as $100 more than what was listed as their starting price is because you're in a different cabin category for the starting price.

Archived