wedding vow renewal

dsan

This is our first cruise so we get the whammy :). Thanks for the tip though!!

And not that anyone asked, but I thought I'd clarify my statement regarding my husband and I "getting married at the jailhouse"...we ended up there because the courthouse magistrates had gone to lunch and we were too silly to wait an hour so we drove to the county jail. When I reread my post it made it sound like we had PLANNED to get married there. :D

Well marriage is a "life sentence" so the county jail would seem appropriate:D . We got married by a Justice of the Peace and I want to do the vow renewal for our 30th as well.

We are also renewing our vows after 10 years of marriage on the Explorer on the August 17th

cruise also.

Congrats to you.

See you there.. Are you part of our 8-17-07 roll call discussion?

Well now you've got me thinking about vow renewal also! DH and I will be on Voyager in 2008 and that will be 35 years for us. We got married at the pastor's house and didn't have any pictures. I think I need to talk DH into this.......don't you agree?

Well now you've got me thinking about vow renewal also! DH and I will be on Voyager in 2008 and that will be 35 years for us. We got married at the pastor's house and didn't have any pictures. I think I need to talk DH into this.......don't you agree?

Yes!

To those who have already done the vow renewal, do you remember when it was charged to your credit card? I booked it earlier this week and gave the CC # on the phone and on the pymt auth form. They confirmed they received the paperwork earlier this week, but nothing has come up on my debit card. My debit card shows transactions in live time.

I'm going to give it some time before I contact them, but I just wondered if anyone on the board recalled. Thanks!

Because the couple is already married, a vow renewal ceremony has no legalities attached to it. The ceremony can be performed by a friend or family member. You don't need someone for RCCL to do it for you. If you are traveling with someone you know, and they are willing, have them conduct the ceremony. If it is just the two of you, you can go out on deck and recite your vows to each other privately. It's romantic to do it yourself and you save $500. Granted, you don't get the photographer, cake, etc., but not everyone needs or wants all that (and you can have friends take pics and order a cake at dinner for cheap). After paying for the flight, hotel, cruise, excursions, etc., not everyone has the extra $ for a fancy service. Thankfully, for a vow renewal, it isn't necessary. Yes, you can have it and I'm not saying you shouldn't if you want, but for those who may be reading this and thinking, "gee that would be nice, but it's just too much $", I say "do it yourself" and make it very personal and romantic.

To those who have already done the vow renewal, do you remember when it was charged to your credit card? I booked it earlier this week and gave the CC # on the phone and on the pymt auth form. They confirmed they received the paperwork earlier this week, but nothing has come up on my debit card. My debit card shows transactions in live time.

I'm going to give it some time before I contact them, but I just wondered if anyone on the board recalled. Thanks!

Mine took about a week after I faxed over the signed contract.

Archived