Has anyone ever used the same waiter for breakfast and dinner?

hammsz

Used to have the same table and waiter for lunch...but they did away with that when they went to open seating lunch. Not enough people going to the dining room for lunch I guess. We've had a waiter or two that have told us...come at this time or that time and I'll seat you at your own table and wait on you. Not all of the waiters do this though...or they'd be back to regular seating. ;) We really do miss the extra time with our waiter...we got to know him/her much better then.

We had an amazing waiter on my last cruise. Every morning that we ate breakfast in the dining room we asked to be sat in his section. The last day of the cruise we were in a different section (next to his) and he came over to talk to us and helped serve us. I would love to have him again on another cruise!

There aren't a lot of evening waiters in the dining room for b'fast and lunch...so it wouldn't be likely that you'd have the same one for all three meals during your cruise. Most of them are on duty in the Lido buffet area during the day.

Only a small portion of the dining room is available during the first two meals of the day. A far cry from the earlier days of cruising, when 'your' table was yours throughout the cruise at all three meals. I do like having the same waiter, but very rarely do.

On our recent Carnival cruises the breakfast and lunch in the dining room have been open seating. They do this to have fewer tablecloths and place settings to clear and reset. I suppose that saves on tablecloths to wash as well. My wife and I only saw our waiter at dinner because of this.

Archived