Weather in July/August

Croozin'

We're on the Pacific Sun leaving Sydney on July 23rd and have two weather-related questions.

What is the weather like this time of year in Vanuatu? I usually wear my jeans everywhere I can (except going out to dinner and at work). Will I be too hot? I tend to not cope with extremities (I can feel the cold very easily but I also feel the heat and don’t cope then at all!).

With the weather that has been happening on the East Coast (I’m in the West, could we please have some of your rain?), are cruises ever cancelled due to similar weather? And while I’m on that, we haven’t yet organised travel insurance as I’ve never needed it. However, it’s our first cruise and I guess I’m worried that something will prevent it going ahead (not on our end) or shortening it. What is the best travel insurance for that sort of thing?

Thanks!

Hi. I'm on a cruise going to Vanuatu on Juloy 5th. I'll be back on the 15th so will post here and let you know about the weaqther. I read it's 23 degrees in July. Hopefully. I'm sick of this freezing wet weather.

I can't believe you trvel without insurance. A friend of mine did that once. Her husband fell over and needed stitches. It cost her $4,000.

My mum told me "If you can't afford insurance, you can't afford to travel.

People have lost their houses. Not worth the risk.

Hi. I'm on a cruise going to Vanuatu on Juloy 5th. I'll be back on the 15th so will post here and let you know about the weaqther. I read it's 23 degrees in July. Hopefully. I'm sick of this freezing wet weather.

I can't believe you trvel without insurance. A friend of mine did that once. Her husband fell over and needed stitches. It cost her $4,000.

My mum told me "If you can't afford insurance, you can't afford to travel.

People have lost their houses. Not worth the risk.

Thanks.

I have been by land and air to about 20 countries, and lived in one of them for 2 years, and just never needed it! I only bought it twice when it was a requirement to enter two particular places. I also bought it when I took my husband overseas for the first time last year, as now it wasn't just me I had to think about but him too (usually been on my own, was his first trip OS).

Guess I've been lucky...but I would like to look into insurance for this cruise.

we stayed at le lagon vanuatu in july (early) and the weather was between 23 and 27 not much humidity. At the resort the nationals said that wouldnt swim as they thought it was to cold except those that swam with the kids in the kids club but they were cold and shivering, however we swam and snorkled and the water was quite warm, in the evening i just needed a light jacket (but hey i feel the cold , kids and husband didnt need one).

kathy

Archived