New to Carnival-help anyone?

dsaurus

Hi, I am considering taking a Carnival cruise for the first time and was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions that weren't on their site. What beverages are included? How much is the soda card? I read on the site that you can bring 1 bottle of wine per person, and there is a $10 corking fee if you want it at the restaurant, but what if you just want to drink it in your room? When I went on my last Celebrity cruise, they had a special party for cruise critic members. Does Carnival do that?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I am considering the 8/26 on the Legend.

What beverages are included?

Basically everything except alcohol, bottled water, and soda. Some "free" beverages include juices at breakfast, coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade, etc.

I read on the site that you can bring 1 bottle of wine per person, and there is a $10 corking fee if you want it at the restaurant, but what if you just want to drink it in your room?

There is no fee to drink in your room -- just bring a corkscrew :)

When I went on my last Celebrity cruise, they had a special party for cruise critic members. Does Carnival do that?

Unfortunately, Carnival does not have a specific program for that, but some groups have organized get-togethers on their own. I have also heard about some larger CC groups reserving a space onboard for their own "party".

Hi, I am considering taking a Carnival cruise for the first time and was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions that weren't on their site. What beverages are included? How much is the soda card? I read on the site that you can bring 1 bottle of wine per person, and there is a $10 corking fee if you want it at the restaurant, but what if you just want to drink it in your room? When I went on my last Celebrity cruise, they had a special party for cruise critic members. Does Carnival do that?

Welcome.....the Legend is a great class ship and Tampa is a wonderful port to sail from......great choice.

-Included beverages.....milk, tea, juice, coffee, hot chocolate and water (not bottled)

-Soda card around $5/day for an adult (I'm sure you will be given the exact $)

-I don't believe there is any type of CC party unless it's part of a group booking.

Book it and enjoy!

Hi, well, I've sailed with Carnival 2 times (Elation and Valor). The included beverages are orange juice, lemodade (great!!), ice tea, water, and fruit punch. We never buy the soda card since we're really happy drinking lemonade and water all day. We love it ! Do not know how much is the soda card since we never buy it. About the wine and the fee, I also do not know. My partner always brings wine and other liquor and we never have a problem with it. Of course, we do not take it to the restuarant. You can keep it in your room and drink all you want, won't be a prob.

The Legend is a great ship. It was right next to us when we were in Costa Maya. It looked great!!! I'm sure you'll love it!

Also we live in Tampa and see the Legend pretty often. Be glad you didn't choose Miami as your port. We did and it was horrible, traffic all day long!!!! no matter what time you go, long lines, etc. Next year we're sailing from Port canaveral, will not do Miami anymore.

. . . . and there is a $10 corking fee if you want it at the restaurant, but what if you just want to drink it in your room?

The corkage fee is if you drink it in the dining room. Drink in your room to your hearts content.

Many CC's report that they weren't even charged the corkage fee, but I cannot attest to that. Many people that say that also say they tip their servers above and beyond the $10pp auto tip.

Archived