AOS vs Carnival Glory

Hubby and I are planning out 20th anniversary and here is our dilemma.... we can do an oceanview gte on Carnival Glory for about the same price as a promenade room on the AOS. Take the ports of call out of the equation and what would be some of your recommendations? We have sailed on both cruise lines b4, but on older/smaller ships. Just really unsure as to which to book.

Thanks in advance for your help.

We've cruised with our three kids ages 8,9 & 11 at the time on Carnival GLory and then my husband and I have cruised The Navigator which alot like the Adventure. I would choose the Adventure and it will probably do so with our kids in the near future. It doesn't have to do with dining (pretty similar on both, no complaints on either) It doesn't have to do with cruise director(pretty similar there too) We noticed the party atmosphere was a little less on RC (although there's not a HUGE difference there either depending on the time of year you cruise} My kids LOVED Camp Carnival and I'm sure they would ALSO love Adventure OCean. BUT..............I really want my kids to experience the rock climbing wall, in line skating, putt-putt,I like Johnny Rockets and I think the ice show was wonderful and the kids WOULD REALLY enjoy that too! Overall I think the that class of RC ships just has more for the kids to do. On The GLory there was alittle teen room but it was smack in the middle of everything else and definitely not away from things. The Teen room on The Navigator(like the AOS) was not with everything and they had their own space. RC offers excursions for teens without parents and they also have Adventure Ocean on port days that Carnival did not offer when we were on The GLory. Don't get me wrong, The GLory was great fun but I would FOR SURE pick the Adventure. I LOVE the promenade and I know my kids would love the two parades during the week. Being able to watch the goings on from the promenade room would be great fun for your daughter I would think, that is the room we would like to get for our kids with a balcony room across the hall for us. I know price may be a consideration but in MHO I would pick the Adventure.;)

Cyndi

Archived