Friday Sale rebooked, new reservation number ?

TrvlGrl-didn't read your post until just now, but I wanted to say thanks for defending me. Like you said, I never indicated that it would be a tragedy if they cancel my cruise. I will just rebook and get the OBCs and paid gratuities that the TA was already giving me (the lower deposit doesn't mean anything to me...I still have to pay the same amount in the long run for the cruise).

For everyone else, I'll be sure to let you know if RCCL cancels my cabins. I'm crossing my fingers that it won't happen.

All this talk of RCI cancelling my cruise is making me nervous. I booked an Aft junior sutie cabin with RCI on Thursday the day before the sale b/c they could not guarentee me the sale I booked (the smaller deposit didn't bother me and b/c of my C&A status I would get $100 of the cabin so it came out the same)....however, the next day I booked the Junior Suite Aft Cabin next to the one I booked with RCI and received $100 OBC and all my gratituties pre-paid (saved more money). I'm waiting to receive my confirmation for the new reservation and then I will cancel my RCI reservation. Will they cancel my cruise...I just decided to switch cabins.

I'm not allowed to do that????

No, that's called double booking. You cannot hold more than one cabin with the same names on each. That's pretty standard with all the cruise lines. Most likly RC will catch it and cancel both and you will have to start all over again at the prevailing rate.

If you were just "switching cabins", then you call your TA or you call the cruise line and tell them you want a different cabin number and if available, they get it for you. You don't "conveniently" book another cruise all together in a different room, that just so happens to have a better fare or better amenities and not cancel the other one. A switch is a switch, that is not what you did here. Sorry. Keep your fingers crossed though.

TrvlGrl-didn't read your post until just now, but I wanted to say thanks for defending me. Like you said, I never indicated that it would be a tragedy if they cancel my cruise. I will just rebook and get the OBCs and paid gratuities that the TA was already giving me (the lower deposit doesn't mean anything to me...I still have to pay the same amount in the long run for the cruise).

For everyone else, I'll be sure to let you know if RCCL cancels my cabins. I'm crossing my fingers that it won't happen.

Oh hey, well, I just thought you were being made to sound pretty dramatic, which wasn't the case at all. I had read all of your posts and didn't see any drama or whining at all. You asked a lot of questions and seemed really fair about it...with concern about your reservation being canceled, but you weren't in any uproar about it.

It's a shame to be attacked on these boards. I was attacked yesterday by a poster, and I must say that out of the 12 travel boards I am on, I had never been attacked before yesterday. It was odd and bizarre, and one person did come to my rescue, sort of, but I have since placed that poster on my Ignore List but have watched how that poster has continued to lash out at others. I'll never understand why that is allowed here. Repeat offenders seem to be able to stay here perhaps because they have a high post count maybe?? I don't know. Anyway, please do let us all know if you get to keep your reservation or not!

Archived