Help! Snorkeling Nassau on Carnival July 5th?

Hamsteak

Carnival, Leaving Jacksonville for Freeport and them Nassau.We are first time cruisers with kids 19, 17 ands 14. They have never been snorkeling and my husband is not very confortable with it. I would love to do Stuart Cove but I thought that might be to intense for everyone. Any other ideas?? I have spent several hours and days looking at this. The cruise line stuff I would have booked is full.

Thanks in advance!!:)

We went with Stuart Cove's over Christmas (our stops also Freeport, Nassau)... my boyfriend and I have snorkeled, my dad hasn't. It took the first dive (we went to three.. the last with sharks) for Dad to get used to breathing through the tube, etc., but after that he had a blast and said he was so glad he did it... this from a guy who could have just stayed on the ship and played Texas Hold "em for four days!

The Stuart Cove's staff is very friendly, very helpful and I'd feel better doing an excursion through them than one that just gives you the snorkel and sends you on your way... they're right there with you and will answer any questions you have.

There were a lot of really young kids, a lot younger than yours, having a blast on our trip.

I'd get hopping on booking it, though, wherever you decide to book... 4th of July will be busy.

Have fun!

Thank you , it sound great. My husband and I went snorkeling in Hawaii off the shore and he was not able to go under the water. It think he is still worried about that but does not want to hold anyone back. Is there anything close to shore or is it all pretty deep? I am asking about the Stuart Cove tour.

Thanks!!!

If you have access to a snorkel and mask, have your husband practice in the bathtub at home before you go. I had this same problem the first time I went snorkeling (just about drowned!), but I practiced in the bathtub that night and it was MUCH easier the next day. I now am addicted to snorkeling and my favorite vacation schedule is snorkel all day but be done in time for drinks and pu-pus on the lanai to watch the sunset.

Thank you , it sound great. My husband and I went snorkeling in Hawaii off the shore and he was not able to go under the water. It think he is still worried about that but does not want to hold anyone back. Is there anything close to shore or is it all pretty deep? I am asking about the Stuart Cove tour.

Thanks!!!

You're actually out in the water... you go off the back of a boat, not from the shore. There are places you can just walk off the beach and snorkel, but not with Stuart Cove's.

Archived