Car Rental OPTIONS Vancouver Airport to Ballantyne Pier ??

Been doing some research... Going to Vancouver two days before our cruise on the Serenade which sails out of Ballantyne Pier.

I know Alamo has a drop off there, and is the only one.. Problem is they charge a fee for special drop off location, and even with all the discount codes I have found, a midsize for 2 days is coming to a whopping $175.00

Avis has a downtown drop off with a shuttle, but same price...

Anyone know of a better way to do this??? don't think they'll shuttle from the airport to the pier..--- Want to rent the car from Thurs to Sat without paying a fortune, and finding a way to get to the pier....

Cost of taxi from airport to pier ??? if we should bring a car back to yvr ????

thanks

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

you might want to double check on that. I rented Alamo from the airport & dropped off at their West Georgia downtown location. They shuttle to ballantyne at no cost & were very handy. It came out to about $120 for 2 days with all taxes in.

There is definitely no additional charge for dropping off at any of the Alamo/National locations in Vancouver from the Vancouver Airport!

Weathermom - i'll try that location for a drop off - just seemed more convenient to go right to Ballantyne Pier....

LeftCoast - think you misunderstood - i'm trying to rent a car from the airport, to use for 2 days while we stay at the Renassaince Downtown Hotel-- then get to Ballantyne Pier for our cruise....

LeftCoast - think you misunderstood - i'm trying to rent a car from the airport, to use for 2 days while we stay at the Renassaince Downtown Hotel-- then get to Ballantyne Pier for our cruise....

Sometimes I'm pretty thick but there was a post in that thread by a person who rented a van at the airport from Avis and turned it in downtown.. Is that not what you were asking about ??

Hi LeftcoastBC,

think we're confusing each other ;) - I read your post as to say the price of a limo from airport to pier... If thats the case, I don't want to pay a limo fee, on top of a car rental fee...

I'm just trying to start from the airport, rent a car,, keep it while at our hotel, and drop at or near Ballantyne Pier without any additional transportation costs.

Been doing some research... Going to Vancouver two days before our cruise on the Serenade which sails out of Ballantyne Pier.

I know Alamo has a drop off there, and is the only one.. Problem is they charge a fee for special drop off location, and even with all the discount codes I have found, a midsize for 2 days is coming to a whopping $175.00

Avis has a downtown drop off with a shuttle, but same price...

Anyone know of a better way to do this??? don't think they'll shuttle from the airport to the pier..--- Want to rent the car from Thurs to Sat without paying a fortune, and finding a way to get to the pier....

Cost of taxi from airport to pier ??? if we should bring a car back to yvr ????

thanks

Sandy

Limo YVR to Pier $47 plus GST taxi cheaper if traffic is OK.

;) lol

Dear Sandy

Why do you want a car for your 2 days in Vancouver???

If you stay at a downtown Vancouver hotel almost all the tours will pick you up right at your hotel or you can use the Hop on Hop off bus or public transit. EAsy to get to most local attractions - at least enough local attractions to fill 2 days - within the local Vancouver area.

Parking in downtown Vancouver is always an extra - at all the hotels - usually around $20 per day. Plus parking elsewhere in the city it is pay.

Unless you plan to drive up the Whistler or something like that use taxis or buses it will be cheaper in the long run.

happygal - maybe she doesn't just want to do the tourist traps?

it's quite hard to get where the locals go via the jump on jump off buses (plus you've gotta be a "tourist bus" kind of person to enjoy them... I could never get my husband on one for sure!)

I know when we go other places, it works out to be cheaper to rent a car even with the cost of parking, than to deal with taxis & buses, especially if you have more than 2 people.

it's unfortunate that Ballantyne pier doesn't have any rental cars onsite, but the shuttle from the downtown location is quite handy.

Archived