anyone snorkeled at Sante' Wellness Center?

bbaileyfamily

We are planning our day in Roatan for late October. Planning on going over and enjoying the massages and facilities at Sante' Wellness Center.

Has anyone snorkeled their beach there? Or, has anyone been out on their small boat they say they can arrange to any snorkeling areas around there? If so, how was it? How much reef and snorkeling can be done from their beach area?

Also, any problems with no-see-ums (sand fleas) there?

Many thanks, Brad :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I did the beach snorkeling in May and thought it was great! You have to swim out a little (Angela will give you directions). It was pretty shallow and nice coral. My parents were there last week, and weren't able to do the boat snorkel, but said the beach was a little cloudy. May have been the weather??? It was very clear the day we went.

Hey there Shrink in TX---Thanks for responding with good news about the snorkeling at Sante. While my wife is getting several hours of massages and treatments done, I'm going to just hang around and enjoy the water. I was hoping on one side of the peninsula or the other there would be some decent snorkeling areas. I can't wait till we go in late October.

Hey, I see you are from Texas? Is Kennard up towards east Texas? We live in Katy on the far west side of Houston.

Thanks again for replying. I think our day in Roatan is going to be a blast for both of us.

later, Brad

Yes, Kennard is in East Texas. About 30 min. west of Lufkin/Nacogdoches.

I have been lucky enough to visit SWC twice this year. The massages are wonderful. We enjoyed lounging on a hammock on the porch, and listening to the birds and water. It is a piece of heaven. Also, if you get to have lunch, the shrimp is great!!

Check these out if you get a chance:

http://community.webshots.com/album/558469991kYNBNI

http://community.webshots.com/album/559028870JdQACC

Hey, very nice pictures! Thank you so much. Were those snorkeling and underwater shots taken in the lagoon behind Sante Wellness Center? Great looking water.

Also, your house pictures were the best I've seen so far. Excellent! I can't wait and my wife is pumped.

later....

Yes, those pictures were taken in front of the spa. You have to start in the lagoon area, swim out to the buoys and turn left. At first you don't see anything and it gets deep (can't touch) but then low and behold there is all this coral. It's only about knee deep water. My step-mom and I consider ourselves to be pretty good swimmers, but it was a little scary where it got so deep. Next time we will ask for a life vest so we don't have to worry about that and can concentrate on the coral. It's pretty cool, not a lot of fish, but lots of coral.

Archived