still undecided harborview or edgewater

shereemcg

I've got everything else decided for our pretour but this one! We'll have a car at the beginning. Anchorage it's Inlet Towers ($94 for a suite, they'll keep our unneeded bags and have onsite laundry!); mckinley chalet in Denali for 2 nights (got a 1br suit for $129!); back to the inlet then the next morning train to seward.

ok, neither hotel has onsite laundry. It's 1/2 mi away from the Edgewater and behind the Harborview.

I still haven't decided which one to stay in! we're coming in on the train on Thursday, checking in, doing the 3pm kenai 6 hr tour. Friday morning we're doing the Seavey Dogsled, then I want to do laundry and off to the ship. It's myself, my husband and our 10 yo son. both are basically the same price.

any preferences? no car. both have shuttles from the train, edgewater will shuttle us to the laundry, walk from harborview and both will shuttle to the ship. seavey's will pick us up at either.

this group has been great, helped me decide to do the shuttle bus, cabin nite dinner theatre, the 6 hr kenai tour, priceline for vancouver! so I figured you'd all have the answer!

Sheree

Sheree

thanks a lot murray!!! they both look very nice. one is more rustic looking, the other very impressive. which is more convenient to dinner, breakfast etc? it's only one night so the actual room isn't a big deal.

Sheree

There are several restaurants with a block of the Edgewater (which is in the old dowtown), you have to go 3 blocks to get to restaurants from the Harborview (which is on the edge of the "new" town).

Murray

Archived