Current movies showing on Golden Princess?

erdooley

We're cruising Alaska next month on the Golden Princess. I'm assuming the fact that they have a movie theater means that they show movies, I hope. Was wondering, do they show current movies, like what they show in "real" theaters, or just whatever's new on DVD or even older stuff. I'm holding out hope that I'll get to see the new Harry Potter movie on board. (Okay, I'm a middle aged nerd.) We sail the day afer its release. And the new book comes out the day we return! Thanks for any info!

renee

As far as I know, and from experience, I have never seen a first run movie on any of our cruises. New releases (DVD), but that's about it.

With the amount of money the new Harry Potter movie will make it won't be on cruises for awhile, I would think.

In my experience, you would see most movies that are just out or have been out for a few months on DVD plus a couple of movies that are a month or two away from coming out on DVD. I remember watching War of the Worlds and Herbie Fully loaded on my Sept coastal cruise in 2005 and the dvd's for those movies came out a month or two later.

Thanks for the replies. Since we have a 3 year old, we don't get to the movies too often, so anything that's showing is probably something new to us!

Don't mean to highjack the thread, cause this is out of theme, but since you have a 3 yr old I strongly recommend you to enroll her the first day on the Princess program for kids. You'll find the info of the program as soon as you arrive to your cabin. You may find it specially helpful the days at sea and after you enrolled her, you (and obviuosly her!!) can decide if and which activities she wants to attend. My friend's girls had a blast on it, eventhough they were very hesitant when we enrolled them!!

Have a great trip!

Archived