What to do at Vancouver Airport

I'd call it a bonus day... an extra 5 hours in our city gives you some time to explore a bit. If you're getting in at Canada Place - rent a car for the day (Alamo /National is the only one with cars on site & a true location at canada place..the other companies shuttle you offsite) then go exploring for the day.. return your car at the airport & check in at 2:30 or so. You'd only be out the 1 day car rental amount & that's not much different in cost than any other way of getting to the airport.

If you were going to be at the airport anyway & have 5 hours to burn & it's a nice day...I'd still rent a car for the day from the airport & drive down to Steveston..really cute town in the southwest of Richmond (the city where the airport is). Sitting in the airport for an extra 5 hours is just no fun. That being said, there are plenty of starbucks & various food outlets both inside & outside the secured area + TV, there's a massage place & a salon for haircuts & I think there are even relaxation bods (sensory deprivation tanks) or something like that.

I'd call it a bonus day... an extra 5 hours in our city gives you some time to explore a bit. If you're getting in at Canada Place - rent a car for the day (Alamo /National is the only one with cars on site & a true location at canada place..the other companies shuttle you offsite) then go exploring for the day.. return your car at the airport & check in at 2:30 or so. You'd only be out the 1 day car rental amount & that's not much different in cost than any other way of getting to the airport.

If you were going to be at the airport anyway & have 5 hours to burn & it's a nice day...I'd still rent a car for the day from the airport & drive down to Steveston..really cute town in the southwest of Richmond (the city where the airport is). Sitting in the airport for an extra 5 hours is just no fun. That being said, there are plenty of starbucks & various food outlets both inside & outside the secured area + TV, there's a massage place & a salon for haircuts & I think there are even relaxation bods (sensory deprivation tanks) or something like that.

Good info but I'll bet WM meant to type pod :p

Inside International security YVR is one of the most comfortable airports I've been in.

The best part however is outside security and .......believe it or not on the long walk from your plane to customs on arrival.(No food there though) Just great visuals.

With your change in schedule why don't you book one of the ships tours of Vancouver that end at the airport.

Another option would be to store your luggage in the luggage storage depot at Canada Place (it is just before the main exit doors on your left) and then tour Vancouver using the Hop on Hop off bus or any of hte other bus tours.

Archived