Planning my day....

stokerhj

I love this board and all of the information it provides. We will be in Barbados from 12pm to 10pm, and I am trying to plan where to go and what to do. I don't want to book a formal tour because my husband and I are kind of laid back people who don't want to spend six hours driving from one spot to another.

I was thinking of:

1) Taking a Taxi to Crane Beach, have lunch at the Restaurant, go to the beach for a couple of hours (do you have to have a reservation or can you just walk in?).

2) Taking another Taxi to Bathsheba for views of the East Coast of the Island, and

3) A stop at Cherry Tree Hill before heading back.

Most likely we'll then have dinner on the ship and then possibly head out to the boatyard if we still feel like it.

What do you think? Is this doable, and will we be able to find a taxi driver at the Crane who will take us to those places then back to the ship? Any idea on how much the total taxi fare would be for two passengers?

Thanks,

Heather

I love this board and all of the information it provides. We will be in Barbados from 12pm to 10pm, and I am trying to plan where to go and what to do. I don't want to book a formal tour because my husband and I are kind of laid back people who don't want to spend six hours driving from one spot to another.

I was thinking of:

1) Taking a Taxi to Crane Beach, have lunch at the Restaurant, go to the beach for a couple of hours (do you have to have a reservation or can you just walk in?).

No reservation for lunch, but one for dinner.

2) Taking another Taxi to Bathsheba for views of the East Coast of the Island, and

3) A stop at Cherry Tree Hill before heading back.

Most likely we'll then have dinner on the ship and then possibly head out to the boatyard if we still feel like it.

What do you think? Is this doable, and will we be able to find a taxi driver at the Crane who will take us to those places then back to the ship?

Yes, they are there, no problem.

Any idea on how much the total taxi fare would be for two passengers?

About US$15-18 from the ship to The Crane. The trip from Crane to Bathsheba (since you’re there, please stop and see St. John’s Parish Church, also) and then up to Cherry Tree Hill (you’re real close to St. Nicholas Abby if you want to include it) then back to Speightstown and south to the ship should be about US$70-80 depending on the amount of stopping and waiting your driver has to do. I figured on this being a 3-1/2 to four hour trip.

You should have plenty of time to do this excursion and it sounds like a good plan, you’ll have an excellent day!

Have a wonderful time on the island! :)

Archived