Shore Excursions on the Spirit...Mexican Riviera

Winyf

Hello! DH and I will be on the Spirit in October....does anyone have any do's or don't's while in the ports (Acupulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo)??? I have looked over the shore excursions a thousand times and I still have no idea what to do! Any info would be much appreciated! :)

Windy

I've been wondering the same thing.... what to do.:confused: We plan to sail in Feb.

I've been trying to formulate a way to ask the same question.

When we sailed the Pride's itenerary it was easy. We followed CC members advice and had a wonderful time.

Now we search those same boards and there is little if any "excitement" over the ports that the Spirit visits.

So, does anybody have "hits" or "misses"? Is there any excursion private or through Carnival that you would whole heartedly suggest? Or make you want to experience again? We like to be "somewhat" active... and will travel with a young teen. Shopping is not his idea of fun iykwim.;)

Acupulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo

In Acapulco we did the 7 or 8 hour island tour with the Cliff Divers, in Ixtapa and Manzanillo we did the Exclusive Resort and Beach Break and Ixtapa Resort & Shopping one of these hotels has a mile long lazy pool that surrounds the whole place.

If you like to lazy around the beach or pool these are nice places to go to, both places also include food and drinks.

Fred

I was on the Spirit in Jan 07. We did the shootover Jetboat in Acapulco and it was great. Did not feel safe walking around in Acapulco, lots of beggers. In Ixtapa we did the jungle horseback ride and it was also great, even got to ride in the ocean. Great port for walking around, lots of shops and bars. In Manzanillo we walked to the end of the pier and took a cab to the beach (sorry, but I can't remember the name), it cost $12.00 each way. On the beach we rented a umbrella with a table and 4 lounge chairs for $6.00. It was a nice relaxing day and the beach had more locals than tourists. The weather was perfect with temps in the high 80s to low 90s at each stop. However the first sea day and the last sea day it was to chilly to sit out on deck. Have a great cruise.

My family did that cruise last December. I agree the cliff divers in Alcapulco, horseback riding through the jungle was good in Ixtapa, but you are there such a short time, I would have preferred to just walk around the beautiful little fishing village. We did the turtle excursion in Manzanillo. It was great! You release baby turtles into the sea. There isn't much to do in Manzanillo so if there were anywhere I would do an excursion, it would be there. We loved the cruise. Hope you have a wonderful time.

We booked this cruise for 12/08. And the reviews aren't very glowing. Sounds like the ports are weak, and the shows are mediocre, etc. We got a fabulous price, so I'd really like to go, but should we just go back to the basic 3 ports of the Riviera on Princess?

Archived