What to bring/advice for 11 month old?

getmeouttahere0608

Husband and I were initially going to go on a So. Carribean cruise in Nov. this year (our 3rd and our son's 1st cruise). At that time my son was going to just have turned one so food, etc would have been a bit easier.

Now we changed our plans to join our extended family on an Alaskan cruise (Golden Princess) this Sept. So now we'll have some help and possible babysitters if my hubby and I want an hour or two alone. But since my son will be 11 months old (vs. 1 year) we will have to tote around his formula and baby food (vs. whole regular milk & table food).

Any advice on what to bring, what to not miss out on, how to make traveling with an infant a bit easier? Also we may be in Seattle one night before to explore - will we need to bring his car seat then?

Thank you very much!

Princess provides baby food if you let them know in advance - check with your travel agent or Princess. They send you a form to fill out with how many fruit/veggie/meats you want. They also provide rice cereal (the oatmeal kind of baby cereal). I brought powdered formula for my girls and it was easy - just used the water from the tap. Make sure you bring extra bottles though - I had a horrifying moment where we lost a few and I didn't think we were going to make it the whole cruise. Also, more than enough diapers, etc so you don't have to go shopping for over-priced ones in ports.

I brought bouncie seats for my girls to sit in while I dressed and for their naps. You can also take it out on deck.

Princess will allow you to take your baby to the kids area as long as one of you stays with him. I met a lot of other parents/kids that way, and the babies LOVED it (a nice soft floor area with tons of new toys and playmates).

Have a great time.

Best,

Mia

Archived