1A Question - Please help

DiMar

On the Fantasy class ships, such as Imagination, Paradise, Sensation, Inspiration, etc. there are 1A rooms on the Upper deck located down a hallway from the stairs. Can anyone fill me in as to how noisy they are from the stairway and elevator traffic and how small they are. I am traveling with two teens who hog the bathroom and I would love a cabin and bath to myself and put them in a separate cabin. Help...I need to make a quick decision.

Can't comment specifically on the noise issue, but I've frequently had cabins near elevators, and typically they are in a great location, but I don't notice any more noise than any other place on the ship.

As far as the 1A's, they are surprisingly roomy on the Fantasy class ships. The room has bunks, but they are only 15 sq. ft. smaller than the standard cabins. Since there is only one bed (the bottom half of the bunk) taking up floor space instead of two beds, it's actually roomier.

We've frequently put our kids in a 1A and they have no gripes at all.

It is interesting you should say that they have bunk beds because I just spoke to Carnival and they say that they don't have bunk beds...but they have a twin bed and a pulldown above it. Which is correct? I have a child who hates bunk beds, but would be fine with a pulldown above her holding her sister. Also, do they have a curtain pretending to be a window?

OK, this is crazy...Carnival says U167 which I am considering has no fake curtain on Inspiration, Imagination or Sensation. Are they wrong? Probably. I am just worried about feeling closed in. Do they ever offer promos on 1As?

Our "group" just happens to have another 1A cabin available if anyone is interested for around $809 TOTAL for one person. Email me if you're interested! This is for the Jan 2, 05 sailing. These are great rooms for single travelers! 1 twin bed and 1 sofa bed I was told. Some of them actually have the 2 portholes insted of being a true inside room! Of course, all are in the nose of the ship - but that would be fine with me!

My son had a 1A cabin on the Upper Deck on the Sensation and I was envious. I was sharing a cabin with four grandsons. My son's cabin seemed huge and it was in a very quiet location. Go for it. I think you will like it.

About the beds...

A lot of folks refer to them as 'bunk beds', which they are not. There is one twin bed and a pull-down above it - giving the look of bunks. Now, on the older ships, they had actual bunk beds, but those ships are long gone.

About the 'fake window'...

Every inside cabin I've seen on any cruise ship/any line has curtains on one wall. In my opinion, this is to give the "illusion" of having a window. Probably helps folks overcome claustrophobia. Some have a real problem about being closed in, y'know?

Hope this helps?

Archived