Vanishing Water Slide: NCL Mystery

MYSTERY ON THE MAJESTY

VANISHING WATER SLIDE?? Does it exist or no?? :confused:

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON THE MAJESTY?? If so, please help.

On the Majesty's Norway deck there is a children's splash pool.

The NCL web site lists this pool as having SLIDES (plural). Strangely, NO ONE yet has been able to confirm the water slides existence. One photo shows a beautiful pink slide with smiling kids.

Another photo shows no visible water slide. Will my little ones have a slide to enjoy or will they have to "settle" with JUST pizza, swimming, ice cream, games, beaches and non stop fun :)

The alleged (pictured and quoted in text on NCL web site Majesty page) kiddie water slide is still a mystery to me. I'm just more curious now than anything, as the cruise will be wonderful either way.

WOULD NCL put a picture up on the Majesty's page for something NOT available on that ship?

SEE BOTH BELOW: FROM THE NCL WEB SITE.

1. No visible water slide.

Sun.KidsPool%202.jpg

2. Definitely a slide in the "roll over" pop up photo on the Deck diagram. (Cant seem to copy/paste the photo.)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deck...ipCode=MAJESTY

Click the link, then got to NORWAY deck. Just "roll over" the kids pool with your mouse to see the pink water slide photo and the following text:

"Just like its name, The Children's Splash Pool is just right for pint-size splashing and playing. The pool also features slides and a paddling pool. Parental supervision a must."

SOUNDS Like there is supposed to be a kids water slide on the Majesty. Yet no one has seen it that has actually been on the ship.

Is this a clever marketing ploy or can anyone say they have SEEN the water slide.

Me thinks we have a mystery! :)

Thanks for your help!

The Majesty is not a new ship by any means. She was built in 1992, long before water slides became popular on cruise ships. Experienced cruisers at first did not like them as they consumed much lido deck space close to the pools. Its not just NCL, none of the older ships on any cruise line had water slides for kids.

I think the OP is asking if their is a slide in the kiddy pool. I think their may be a tiny little slide inside that kiddy pool. The picture you have of that kiddie pool makes it appear much bigger than it actually is. The kiddie pools are about the size of a hot tub - once 4 or 5 kids are in it that's about all it holds. I do recal that it has a tiny little water slide - real tiny like a 5 year old might be too big for it.

I think the OP is asking if their is a slide in the kiddy pool. I think their may be a tiny little slide inside that kiddy pool. The picture you have of that kiddie pool makes it appear much bigger than it actually is. The kiddie pools are about the size of a hot tub - once 4 or 5 kids are in it that's about all it holds. I do recal that it has a tiny little water slide - real tiny like a 5 year old might be too big for it.

I agree that the OP is asking about the slide. Several of us have confirmed on two separate threads that there is no slide on the Majesty. If there is, it's been added since December. The picture on the web site is from another ship. :)

MYSTERY ON THE MAJESTY

VANISHING WATER SLIDE?? Does it exist or no?? :confused:

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON THE MAJESTY?? If so, please help.

On the Majesty's Norway deck there is a children's splash pool.

The NCL web site lists this pool as having SLIDES (plural). Strangely, NO ONE yet has been able to confirm the water slides existence. One photo shows a beautiful pink slide with smiling kids.

Another photo shows no visible water slide. Will my little ones have a slide to enjoy or will they have to "settle" with JUST pizza, swimming, ice cream, games, beaches and non stop fun :)

The alleged (pictured and quoted in text on NCL web site Majesty page) kiddie water slide is still a mystery to me. I'm just more curious now than anything, as the cruise will be wonderful either way.

WOULD NCL put a picture up on the Majesty's page for something NOT available on that ship?

SEE BOTH BELOW: FROM THE NCL WEB SITE.

1. No visible water slide.

Sun.KidsPool%202.jpg

2. Definitely a slide in the "roll over" pop up photo on the Deck diagram. (Cant seem to copy/paste the photo.)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deck...ipCode=MAJESTY

Click the link, then got to NORWAY deck. Just "roll over" the kids pool with your mouse to see the pink water slide photo and the following text:

"Just like its name, The Children's Splash Pool is just right for pint-size splashing and playing. The pool also features slides and a paddling pool. Parental supervision a must."

SOUNDS Like there is supposed to be a kids water slide on the Majesty. Yet no one has seen it that has actually been on the ship.

Is this a clever marketing ploy or can anyone say they have SEEN the water slide.

Me thinks we have a mystery! :)

Thanks for your help!

To answer the other part of what seems to be bugging you, I do think NCL would put a picture up that wasn't accurate for this ship. But I don't believe it's with any maliciousness. There are many other mistakes on the new site. I notice it on cabin pictures sometimes, video arcades, internet cafes, all places that I've seen before and they don't match up with the ship's pictures. All you can do is contact NCL and explain that you found the error and wanted to bring it to their attention. In the meantime, ask any questions you may have about the Majesty on this board and we'll try to help. :)

Archived