FLL/MIA Quandry

KVGKVG

DH, DS and I are flying into FLL 8/24 for 8/25 Triumph cruise out of Miami. I thought we would hop a shuttle from FLL to downtown Miami, probably stay at the IC from all the good stuff I have read. BUT, now thinking this will not be as easy as previously thought, and getting into FLL 7pm with 6yr old and cruise baggage. Now thinking of staying in FLL and somehow getting down to Miami port next am. Any advice on logistics would be appreciated!

I think you might be better off staying in FLL the night you arrive and then renting a car from the FLL airport and driving to Miami. It is hard to navigate in new surroundings at night and I am sure the young one isn't going to want to go from sitting in a plane to sitting in a car.

There are lots of options of where to stay in FLL, please search this forum as there is extensive information on all the hotels in all the locations.

Happy travels!

It is 45 minutes to MIA from FLL and after 7 pm should be less traffic. We did this the last time we sailed out of Miami and stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami across the street from Bayside. I felt I was more relaxed the next day being close to the ship.

The shuttle from the airport to Miami can be shared with others to bring the cost down. If you take a taxi the next day to the pier, you will be in the traffic going to the ships and the fare is around $70 now unless you go back to the airport.

If you do want to stay the one night in FLL, try the Ramada as they will quote you a hotel rate including transfer to the Miami pier. They are a decent hotel for a one night and give you a nice breakfast in the morning.

hope you have a great time, either way will work out:)

I have a question.

Why does Carnivals website say the earlist you should book a return flight at FLL if your cruising in Miami is 12:00. BUT if your cruising from FLL and flying from Miami they say 1:15. Does it take longer to go from FLL-Miami then from Miami-FLL? I was just wondering, we are cruising from Miami and your return flight is from FLL at 12:40, I am stilll a little worried about catching the flight in time even though a couple people said we would be OK.

It could be that FLL airport is smaller and quicker to get through security. Also, less traffic going out of Miami than going through Miami.

You should be fine, it will sure beat sitting at the FLL airport for a 4:00 flight and they won't let you check in your luggage or go through security till 2 to 3 hours before flight.

DH, DS and I are flying into FLL 8/24 for 8/25 Triumph cruise out of Miami. I thought we would hop a shuttle from FLL to downtown Miami, probably stay at the IC from all the good stuff I have read. BUT, now thinking this will not be as easy as previously thought, and getting into FLL 7pm with 6yr old and cruise baggage. Now thinking of staying in FLL and somehow getting down to Miami port next am. Any advice on logistics would be appreciated!

I'd get all my traveling done and over with, fly into FLL, hop into a shared ride shuttle to the Intercontinental and be done with it. Sit back in the hotel room, relax, sip on a Mojito, get some sleep and grab a cab the following morning for the 5 minute ride to the port. It'll be a long day but you'll be glad you did it the next morning when you wake up all refreshed. All your hassles will be behind you. ;)

Archived