Deep Sea Fishing in St Thomas

rdunek99

• 2 weeks later...

according to the prices listed on their website it would be $500 for 4 hours on a 32" boat, seems to go up about $100/hour after that.

The 40" boat starts at $650 for 4 hours.

For those prices you are paying per boat not per person.

glad to see they got good reviews!

Those prices are correct. It is exspensive but was the highlight of my husband's and son's trip. Actually - myself and my daughter could have gone for "free" so to speak since we were paying for four people anyway, but we had no desire to go fishing so they did their thing and we did ours. If you tell doubleheader that they have permission to add another couple to your group, they will try to add people and then you could split the cost. We told them that, but there was no one that wanted to go out that day but my husband and son. Enjoy your fishing trip. E-Beth

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to St Thomas in Dec and are interested in going Deep Sea Fishing there. It would have to be a 4 hr trip and I was thinking this would have to be an inshore trip, not deep sea? I am pretty sure the ship would not let us bring our catch on board, I was thinking about shipping our catch back to the states. Has anyone gone fishing during the cruise and able to give us some feedback or suggestions.

• 1 month later...

Dachsund.....how did your husband and son get to the boat? Did the Double Header people pick them up at the cruise dock or did they take a taxi? If a taxi, what was the cost? I see their boat is based on the extreme east end of St Thomas.

Thanks in advance!

Ron Dunek

Ankeny, Iowa

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I just used Doubleheader Sportfishing on Saturday morning...and had a great time! We did a 4 hr trip, and the cost was $500 + tip. We were thinking we were booked for an offshore charter, but found out when we got there we were doing in shore b/c there wasn't enough time to do offshore on a 4 hr....

we caught tarpon, barracuda, bonitas, needlefish, mahogany snapper, etc...

the guy that took us out was from connecticut, about 30 years old, named tyler. he's been living in st. thomas for 7 years, and truly knew his fishing.

we had to take a cab over the marina...they're docked at sapphire beach marina, and i think the cab ride was about $20...then we had Doubleheader drop us off in st. john for the afternoon at no extra charge

we asked RCCL if we could bring any of our catch back onboard to cook it up for us, but they said the only place they're allowed to do that is in alaska

i just got back monday, and have over 1300 pics from my cruise that i'm in the process of uploading, so when i get the fishing pics up, i'll post a few here

• 3 weeks later...

Archived