Can you get clothe hangers on the ship??

redjuliet

Just wondered if we can get hangers on the ship so we can hang out clothes up in the closets instead of leaving all our clothes in the dressers or our bags. We'd rather hang everything up as it would be easier access, but don't want to try and pack our luggage with a bunch of clothes with hangers stuck in them to take up room! LOL

Just to add - hangers are wooden and usually lots with metal clips designed especially for skirts/trousers to hang properly. Never any shortage - as said in post above - just ask for more. As well, the 'drawer' space is somewhat 'limited' - more along the lines of shelves or swing out baskets - depending on your cabin/ship.

Ok good...we're getting a mini-suite and has a frig, couch, two t.v.'s, so I'm not sure how much closet space it will have or drawer space, although i would assume it will be sufficient. Anyone know about mini-suite's?

The mini-suites have a very large closet and more than ample shelves for storage. My wife takes half our house with us, and we couldn't use all the storage shelves and drawers. Even some storage in the bathroom. This was on the Star Princess and Crown Princess.

We have been on several cruises, and that is one of the first things I ask for more hangers!! They will be happy to give you as much as you need.I allways have a list of things I want!! We always give a tip up front and they just can't do enought for us.:cool:

Speaking of bathroom storage in a mini suite - how much storage is there? When we sailed on HAL there was just a small medicine cabinet and the vanity counter and I don't like to clutter that up. I had brought an over the door shoe rack that I used to hold items....will I need that on this cruise?

Check out this video tour of a minisuite. It includes the closet area. This is a minisuite on a Grand class ship. If you're sailing on another class of ship, it will be somewhat different. I have to say that the hanging-clothes area is actually a bit longer than it appears on the video.

Have a great cruise!

You'll love the bathroom in the mini-suites of grand class ships. There is a long counter with the sink and underneath there is a shelf which will provide lots of storage. There is more shelving at the end of the counter for smaller items. On one sailing, we had 3 adult women in the mini-suite and we had plenty of room to stow everything with no clutter anywhere. It is very well thought out amenity-wise.

Even though there are several small shelves on the bathrub wall, one of the handiest things I have found to travel with is a plastic holder with suction cups that I found in the bathroom/kitchen organization dept. at Target. It's about 5" wide, perforated so water can drain out, and is deep enough to hold those 3 oz. sizes of shampoo, conditioner, showergel, razor, etc. from flying all over the place. I pack the holder with the toiletries inside and put it into my suitcase, then just whip is out and place it in the bathtub/shower area. It isn't even necessary to attach it to the wall.

We've been in 4 mini suites and the closet space (and hangers) and bathroom shelves have been just fine. We do sometime put extra items on the shelves in the closet area by the safe - very handy.

Archived