Adjoining suite (AF) Question...noise/privacy issues?

New2Here

We just got our docs with our AF (Yay! Upgrade from AG) suite number.

I looked at the deckplan of our ship and noticed a little "adjoining mark" between our cabin and the one next door. Since we are NOT going to be with anyone and strangers will be on the other side, are there any privacy/door placement issues we need to worry about?

I do not want to complain (hey, free upgrade!), I just want to know what to expect. Is the layout any different? Any sound issues? Privacy issues?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone know? Also, when I looked our cabuin number up va the link someone provided here, I saw that a crib is listed in our cabin. WHAT? We do not have a child. Can we tell them to take it away?

Thanks!

Anyone know? Also, when I looked our cabuin number up va the link someone provided here, I saw that a crib is listed in our cabin. WHAT? We do not have a child. Can we tell them to take it away?

Thanks!

A crib is available, but only there if you request it. We had an adjoining AF on the Pearl in Feb and never heard a peep from the other cabin. The door is on the entryway across from the bathroom door. In my opinion it's hardly noticeable. Others have said they could hear the adjoining cabin, but I think that the neighbors may have just been extra noisy and you could probably have heard them in any cabin.

My in-laws had the adjoining AF to our AB just last week. With the doors closed, we never heard a thing. There are two doors between the cabins. So, you should be just fine. By the way, my in-laws are in their 80's and don't hear very well. So, they have the TV up loud and they talk loud. Like I said, we never heard them.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

We are possibly going to have our friends in the AF beside our AB. Does anyone know if the balconies can be opened up at times if we want?

You can have them opened. Just ask your butler (or your room steward):) .

We are possibly going to have our friends in the AF beside our AB. Does anyone know if the balconies can be opened up at times if we want?

We asked our butler to open it up. But, he and our room stewards told us that when we're at sea that door bangs around a lot. So, we opted to keep it closed. There is a very small space just behind the bar on top of the balcony where you can talk to each other. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

You're going to LOVE the AB!

Happy Sailing~ :D

On the Sun we had a connecting cabin and the people next door were very loud. You could hear their conversations and her laugh sounded like a hyenna. They were even noisy at 2-3am when they were returning to their cabin. I am sure if the spoke at a normal level it would have been fine but I think they were just naturally loud people. Luckily they did not use their balcony so we were safe out there.

On Pride of America, we were in a BA (10680) with a AF (10678) next door. There was a connecting door between our two staterooms. Not only did we hear talking quite well, but the "ditzes" in the AF kept clawing the door handle to our connector door, thinking it was their bathroom.

It was four sisters and a mama traveling together, and their loud annoying voices was a real pain in the butt, especially when they would cackle at 2 AM.

Editied to add: They didn't realize you could fit your empty suitcases under the beds, and ended up leaving their luggage on their balcony... too stupid!

That was my post from this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=567429

Questions like yours are always so hard to answer. I guess the answer would depend on how noisy your neighbors are, how sensitive you are to noise, and how well the door insulates the sound.

What I do when I have an adjoining cabin may sound strange, but here goes: usually on the first few hours of the cruise, I knock politely on the adjoining cabin door (not the front door, the adjoining door). When it opens (and it usually does) I introduce myself pleasantly as their neighbor. Not only does it increase the awareness of those next door, but I have met some very nice people to share my cruise with.

We traveled with friends on the 6/16 Dawn sailing and had connecting staterooms. When the door was shut we never heard a peep. Also we had our connecting balcony doors opened at all times and never had a problem at all with them moving and banging.

Archived