Whistler, Canada

Whistler is a great place to go for a day, a week or longer - the only thing that i should mention is that the Sea to Sky highway - the road to Whistler is being upgraded in time for the Olympics in 2010 and there are many construction delays - usually 15 minutes at time along the route - so if you are planning your time add some extra and if you are a confirmed WAL MART addict there is now one in Squamish - about the 1/2 way mark.

Take lots of film or a large digital media card - stop and enjoy the sights - the Museum of Mining at Britannia Beach - Brandywine Falls - a five minute walk from your car - Shannon Falls - Porteau Cove - Alice Lake is worth the short drive into - go into the Cal-Chek campsite and see the cable suspension bridge across the Cheakamus River - that's my short list - there are many more - thirty minutes past Whistler is Nairn Falls - a 10 - 15 minute walk - there are some others like Cheakamus Lake but that entails a 30 minute drive over a bumpy gravel road and most car rental companies frown on that.

Check out: http://www.whistler.com for more info

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Yjamls so much Dennis,

I really appreciate the information.

Marilee

For all of you who have traveled to Whistler, do you recommend that I make activity reservations prior to arrival (I see you can now do this on the Whistler.com website) or just wait until I get there and have the hotel take care of it? Thanks!!

For all of you who have traveled to Whistler, do you recommend that I make activity reservations prior to arrival (I see you can now do this on the Whistler.com website) or just wait until I get there and have the hotel take care of it? Thanks!!

I'd like to know the answer to this also.

Marilee

I'd like to know the answer to this also.

We are here in Whistler today - we drove up yesterday and there were only a few very short delays on the Hwy:)

If you are only in Whistler for a day or 2 then I would check to see if the activity is getting booked up. If there is alot of availability and the weather would affect your decision to do the activity then I would wait to book.

Hope this helps

Archived