Is it better to cruise to Canada in the middle of June or first of August?

We are debating on whether it is better to cruise from NYC to Canada in the middle of June or first of August? Do we get into warmer weather on the cruise ship the first of August or is it just a guessing game? It is a little more expensive going in August but if it is better in the long run, then it is better. Any feedback? Thanks

I assume since you're sailing from NYC, you're talking the East. I'm not from there, but generally speaking, August will be hotter than June. I wouldn't think the weather will be significantly different than New York.

People sometimes forget how large Canada is. Halifax, NS to Vancouver, BC is about the same distance as Halifax, NS to London, UK.

August is warmer than June. July is hot pretty much all around.

One note about (Eastern) Canadian holidays...

1st of July is Canada Day

12th of July in Newfoundland and Labrador is Orangemen's Day

1st Monday in August is a Holiday in almost all provinces except Quebec (Natal Day in Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick Day in New Brunswick, though it can vary in Halifax.)

When the 1st of July is on a Saturday or Sunday, businesses will give workers the Monday off.

Oh... and the 4th of July, is just a regular work day for us :)

People sometimes forget how large Canada is. Halifax, NS to Vancouver, BC is about the same distance as Halifax, NS to London, UK.

August is warmer than June. July is hot pretty much all around.

One note about (Eastern) Canadian holidays...

1st of July is Canada Day

12th of July in Newfoundland and Labrador is Orangemen's Day

1st Monday in August is a Holiday in almost all provinces except Quebec (Natal Day in Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick Day in New Brunswick, though it can vary in Halifax.)

When the 1st of July is on a Saturday or Sunday, businesses will give workers the Monday off.

Oh... and the 4th of July, is just a regular work day for us :)

The first Monday in August is not a holiday on PEI. Some Federal gov offices might be closed but the rest of us have to work. And Provincial offices in Charlottetown only close on Old Home Week Parade Day around mid August but that's about it for August Holidays.

Thanks. I didn't know if it would make any difference. Here in Illinois the weather can be the same in June or August.
As with the most of North America, Illinois is statistically and discernably warmer in August than in June.

Ya , that's what they tell us here as well. WE have an expression " Don't blink" , cause the weather can change just that quick!:eek: It was gorgeous here today, so there's hope!It's just always good to come prepared. A light weight , rain proof ,wind breaker jacket is always a good idea tied around your waist.:o

The first Monday in August is not a holiday on PEI. Some Federal gov offices might be closed but the rest of us have to work. And Provincial offices in Charlottetown only close on Old Home Week Parade Day around mid August but that's about it for August Holidays.

Sorry!

Now, where can I buy some singing sand for my sandbox?

Archived