crown 8/1 - any info for newbies?

queensny

Hi Everyone,

My DH and I will be sailing out of NY on 8/1 on the Crown!!! Can't wait.

Any tips for us? ... we're new to Princess.

We stopped at the pier in Red Hook last week and saw the ship, what a beauty. Now we know that we'll be driving in because the parking lot was hardly full and so close to the terminal.

Anything you can tell us about the ins and outs of the ship would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

We stopped at the pier in Red Hook last week and saw the ship, what a beauty. Now we know that we'll be driving in because the parking lot was hardly full and so close to the terminal.

Anything you can tell us about the ins and outs of the ship would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, Queensny! Have you registered for the Crown 8/1 roll call yet? There's an on-board 'meet and greet' for cc members in the works if you and your DH would like to join us. DH and I are driving there too from Staten Island. Just follow the link.We'd be happy to give you all the information you need. See you on board!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417015

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Crown Tips: Pay for parking at a machine in the terminal before returning to your car after disembarkation. It's to the right just before going out the door. Someone should be there to help you. You'll need your paid receipt to get out of the lot.

If you want to make reservations for Sabatini's or Crown Grill, do it as soon as you board. You don't have to wait on a line, just call the "dining reservations" button on your cabin phone and ask for the restaurant you want.

Try the Sanctuary at least once.

Free ice cream in the Horizon Court between 3:30 and 4:30pm every day.

If you are wine drinkers, buy a whole bottle. It's cheaper than buying it by the glass. At Vines or in the dining room, the waiter/bartender will recork the bottle and save it for you each time you return.

If you are heavy soda drinkers(2+ a day), buy a soda sticker(at any bar.) It's most cost effective and entitles you to unlimited fountain sodas.

If you are a coffeeholic and must have good brewed coffee, get the coffee card(also at any bar.) It entitles you to unlimited brewed coffee or 16 specialty coffee drinks.

Do stop often at the International Cafe on Plaza Deck for the freshly baked cookies, pastries, paninis and croissants...all with no charge. Do beware that some items like chocolates, candy apples and gelato there has a small fee.

If you love good sushi, Vines on Plaza Deck serves freshly prepared(to your specifications) sushi/sashimi with accompanyments for $1 a piece/3 piece minimum. You can also get free cheese and crackers there. There is sushi up in the Horizon Court at certain times...but I haven't heard good things about that type.

Those are just a few off the top of my head.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived