Radiance Steam and Sauna

I'll be boarding the Radiance in Seward, Alaska on July 6th and will be looking forward to the steam and sauna. I asked the question a few weeks ago but never got a complete answer. Anyone have a good description of the steam and sauna, how busy, acceptable dress (or undress), etc.

:)

On Radiance class ships there are 2 types of steam/sauna available , one which is free and is within the shower room/changing area of the spa and the other one is called the Thermal suite for which the charge was $15 per day or $99 for the cruise when we last sailed on a radiance ship.

The free one was quite adequate. Mood lighting in the ceiling in the steam room , accommodated approx. 8 people ( sitting) and hot. The sauna had bench seating on at least 2 levels in the shape of a "U" .

Dress- depends on how shy you are!!:D I have sailed with Europeans who wear just what they were born with and don't bother covering with towels. For me it is all about hygiene and prefer not to sit on other people's sweat !!!:eek: I prefer to sit/lay/cover up with towels for which there are plenty available.The free sauna/steam does not have an ocean view.

They were never busy except perhaps on cold sea days!!

The Thermal suite is unisex and the only difference there is the steam/sauna/ice shower are "scented" plus there are the wonderful heated mosaic tiled loungers with an ocean view.

hope this helps.

Imurf, hope you guys have a great trip! Please let us know how the sauna is on your trip. We will be leaving on the Mariner in July 22 and I am looking forward to relaxing and checking out the sauna facilities on the trip. I will be sure to post a report!

Yes, lmurf, still around. Just returned from the Majesty of the Seas. The new steam room in the men's VERY small locker room (it's smaller than it was in its previous incarnation) was very nice and could comfortably seat 4 (5 very tight).

HOWEVER, the controls are not in the men's locker room and I believe the spa attendants are intentionally leaving it shutdown and only activate when they have spa apppointments booked.

I stopped-by randomly throughout the two days on the ship and would find it working perfectly fine...perfect temperature & amount of steam. However, within 15 minutes of my settling-in for a nice steam, it would stop working. Too coincidental.

Spa staff on Majesty SUCK!

Gigglewolf,

So sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the steam room on the Majesty. I sure hope the staff on the Radiance are better than the ones you experienced. And, I certainly hear what you said about the steam room seating being rather tight. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived