What foods looked better than they tasted?

flagger

I was disappointed with the desserts that I tried on Horizon's lunch buffet -- they looked beautiful, but most of them lacked flavor. The desserts in the dining room at dinner tasted a little better. At least all of the breakfast pastries were delicious. The room service chocolate chip cookies were awful -- I threw them away.

Shirley and Les---remember calomel? Every spring, followed by sulpher cr4am of tarter tablets. And don't go out in the rain or your teeth will fall out! (Tee Hee)
You parents were either very strict or very health conscious. I don't know about any of those things.

From my childhood, the worst tastes were,

Orange juice with castor oil mixed in....This was the test to see if you should stay home from school with a cold. If you were willing to drink it, you were sick enough to stay home. The castor oil kind of lubricated your digestive path so it did have a cleansing effect.

Cod Liver Oil....This was the equivalent of a modern day multi-vitamin pill. But, it came in a dark brown bottle, looked like motor oil and had a bad, bad taste. And one teaspoonful was the standard dosage. I think this stuff was the oil derived from the liver of a cod fish. YUK!!!

And the best were,

....the aroma in the local Italian bakery when we went in and bought hard rolls on Sunday morning after church. They were still warm when we got home with them.

...the taste of a warm hard roll with a big chunk of butter slowly melting on it. Heavenly. This was back in the days of white margarine with a packet of yellow dye that you had to knead for yourself. Butter was a luxury but it sure tasted good with those Mancini hard rolls.

Les

Archived