Diamonds

poppyskim

Has anyone else made a great purchase of diamonds ? Julie our cruise shopping expert assist me to purchase a few diamonds in Coz.Having just priced some here in the good ol USA I feel the prices I got were very good,Shhhh don't tell my hsuband........hehe

I have purchased 2 tennis bracelets and one sapphire/diamond ring over the years in Cozumel. But I have to warn that you must do your homework first!

The stores recommended do provide GIA certifications and I have only had one salesman in all those years tell me something that was not true...so I guess those are pretty good odds. (That was actually in Belize and not Cozumel~but he still worked for Diamonds International.)

Just know the quality of stone (or stones) you want before you go. Price them in the USA and remember that lazer drilling or filling does decrease the value of a diamond. That is why they are required to note it on the GIA.

As long as you make an informed decision, a diamond is as good a souvenir as anything!!

I love shopping for jewelry in Cozumel!! I have purchased 2 tanzanite/diamond rings, carribean topaz/diamond and an assortment of bracelets and necklaces. My first trip I used Diamond INternational and on the next 2 trips I used Diamond Port. If you go there, see Hector! He is a wonderful guy that continues to email occassionally with just a hello to practice his English. This shop struggled after the hurricane so had a slight delay in rejoining the carnival recommended shops as carnival does get their fair share! I had damaged my 1st tanzanite ring to the point noone else would even consider any type of trade and Hector asked the owner to come in to see it and he allowed me the price I had paid. I put the stone in a chemical that practically destroyed it...Anyway, long story short-they have always treated me fairly without being pushy.

Enjoy!

I love shopping for jewelry in Cozumel!! I have purchased 2 tanzanite/diamond rings, carribean topaz/diamond and an assortment of bracelets and necklaces. My first trip I used Diamond INternational and on the next 2 trips I used Diamond Port. If you go there, see Hector! He is a wonderful guy that continues to email occassionally with just a hello to practice his English. This shop struggled after the hurricane so had a slight delay in rejoining the carnival recommended shops as carnival does get their fair share! I had damaged my 1st tanzanite ring to the point noone else would even consider any type of trade and Hector asked the owner to come in to see it and he allowed me the price I had paid. I put the stone in a chemical that practically destroyed it...Anyway, long story short-they have always treated me fairly without being pushy.

Enjoy!

I am guessing the Tanzanite was destroyed? What did you put it in? I have a Tanzanite ring. I would like to know what destroyed it, so I don't do that to mine. Please share!:o

I am guessing the Tanzanite was destroyed? What did you put it in? I have a Tanzanite ring. I would like to know what destroyed it, so I don't do that to mine. Please share!:o

Tanzanite is a soft stone and should never be put into jewelry cleaner, yes it was destroyed and the ring was so pretty to start with.

All I have to say, is please, please do your homework before you blast over to Diamonds International or wherever......they have special deals, all right, for cruisers who are there for only a few short hours........not to be confused with the people who stay on the island for weeks.......just be very careful what you buy.

I had mine appraised here and all is well. I saved abut a third of cost here for diamonds. I only purchased 2 smaller stones. I had a hard time holding my jaw up at the lady neaxt to me spending $8800!!on one stone!

Archived