PofAm shore excursions?

mafran

Couuld anyone tell me if they have done any of these shore excursions while on PofAm? We are thinking of doing the following things; on Maui, either downhill cycling adventure(How difficult?), Molokini crater snorkel(do they give lessons for those who have never snorkeled before?), or the road to Hana(is it really a long drive and how bad are the roads?). On Big island - Kona; either parasailing or the snuba adventure? both would be first time adventures of this kind. On kaua'i has anyone done the mudbug adventure? thinking of doing that and then the tubin' da ditch. then also doing a luau Kalamaka. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

mafran & gancruiser

Couuld anyone tell me if they have done any of these shore excursions while on PofAm? We are thinking of doing the following things; on Maui, either downhill cycling adventure(How difficult?), Molokini crater snorkel(do they give lessons for those who have never snorkeled before?), or the road to Hana(is it really a long drive and how bad are the roads?). On Big island - Kona; either parasailing or the snuba adventure? both would be first time adventures of this kind. On kaua'i has anyone done the mudbug adventure? thinking of doing that and then the tubin' da ditch. then also doing a luau Kalamaka. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

mafran & gancruiser

I did the Haleakala Downhill Biking Adventure at Sunrise and it was AMAZING. It is awesome to watch the sunrise (it does get chilly though). After the sunrise, the guides make you ride around the parking lot to make sure they feel comfortable enough with you riding. You get a full helmet (the kind that dirtbike riders wear) jacket, pants and gloves. Our guide asked who was the most scared and this girl said she was and so the guide put her right in the front to be close to him. Our group only had about 10 people in it and they put all us girls up front and the boys in the back. There are many switchbacks on the road and you do pick up some speed. There is a van that follows the group and at any time if you feel like stopping you can drive down. My mom (who is deathly afraid of heights) thought she would be able to do it, because we did something similar in Alaska but when she got to the top she chickened out and rode down in the van. My sister and I had a blast though.

Tubing the Ditch was fun. You get a head lamp and gloves and it's just a relaxing float with some occassional drenching spots. After we were done we went to a swimming hole and they gave us a snack. POAm uses the company Kauai Backcountry Adventures so you can check out their website for more info kauaibackcountry.com

Snorkeling is not difficult at all. I didn't do that tour, but I've snorkeled in many different places. They'll show you how to put on the mask/fins/ect. but there's really not much else. You'll get a beautiful view of the waters of Hawaii.

Have a wonderful trip.

thanks,

mafran & gancruiser

We just got off the Pride of America on the 23rd. had a wonderful time!! We were traveling with teens and decided to not take the rode to Hana, we took it 21 yrs ago on our honeymoon and it was fabulous, it is a long trip. The views as I remember are breathtaking.

If you go to Youtube.com you can put in tubing the ditch and watch a few videos that people have put there. It looks like fun.

We went to the luau and was not impressed at all with the food. The show is great!!

We did the beginning scuba and enjoyed it tremendously!! None of us had ever gone scuba diving before and had a blast. We did this through the cruise line in Mauai.

We also did the treetop ziplining in Kauai through the ship also and was very impressed. We had Tesai and Andrea as our guides and loved them. It is an adventure not to forget.

If you have any more questions email me

kjweddle@cgmailbox.com

Archived