Dedicated RCCL cruiser, but ....

golfer1966

DW and I are concidering going on a Disney Cruise. We have been hearing some good feedback from a few friends who cruise Disney and we are thinking about it. I like kids, dont get me wrong, but hundreds of them screaming and crying for ice cream is a little too much. :eek:

I hear there are areas of the ship that are adult only and I remember reading about changing dining rooms each night...etc. Why choose Disney...? Your thoughts please. Thanks for all your help.

Hi,

well for us the high level of service is a great reason.

The talent they have in their theater is right up there with any broadway shows.

The food is good but not exceptional, although the Magic seems to be a little bit better.

we go as an adult couple quite often with no kids or grandkids and still love it!!!

There is an adult only pool, although there is a walkway off to each side where kids can walk by, but it is not right by the pool itself. The CM's do an excellant job of keeping the kids out of that area. there is also 2 adult only hot tubs to enjoy and Signals Bar and the Quiet Cove cafe is also there with speciality coffees and pastires(additional charge for coffee)

Spa and work out areas are adult onky areas and after 9 p.m. there are 3 different night clubs that are adult only.

Plus there is live music in the Promenade lounge each evening which is a family lounge. It is very relaxing there and most kids just bounce to the music, if they are there.

There is also Palos which is a special adult only restaurant which is swesome!!! It does cost $10 per person but that is for the gratuity.

There us wine tasting events, martini tasting. I love the adult only Art of Entertaining Series. They cook different foods and you get samples. YUMMY!!!

Disneys private island is worth the trip all by itself.

There is an adult only beach which you can relax on and have lunch there.

Or if you want at the family beach you can snorkel, swim, use sail boats, water trikes,inner tubes etc.... This is a busy loud area but also a lot of fun.

Plus late after noon many families with younger kids take them back to the sip ,s o you can have 2 to 3 hours where it is quieter if youw ant to swim there.

we rent bikes and ride around the island. On one of the 2 bike paths there is an observation tower with a great view of the island.

The only place it really gets loud and busy with kids is by the Mickey pool.

Other than that they are mostly in the clubs and a tthe meet and greets in the atrium. we love watching the kids having fun, but it is not for everyone.

request late dining and you will have less kids too.

Thepirate party is a blast and watching movies or sporting events on the big jumbo tron outdoor movie screen is really nice, especially under the stars at night.

seeing fireworks launched off the ship is fun too.

I know it is not for everyone, but we love it and just the atmosphere of the entire cruise.

I think if your considering it, please give it a try. At least once, you wont be sorry.

everyone looks for something different in their cruise experience, so maybe this will be for you, maybe not, but you will only know if you give it a try.

If you go to the DCL website you can order a free DVD about the cruise too .Maybe this will help you decide about it.

Goodluck,

mom x4,grandma x4

We've found the two lines to be very similar except that Disney has the character focus in their decor, shows, etc. To us the food and service were comparable. The ships were equally well maintained and cleaned. Staterooms were comparable if you're comparing similar age vessels. One might have more storage, another has a better bathtub, etc. But the differences level out among them.

Disney is fun if you enjoy the character related production shows, etc. For me it's always like returning to my childhood for a little moment in time. The kids shouldn't be a problem for you if you're cruising without one because you can stay in the adult pool area, etc. We usually do Disney WITH one of the kids so we are occasionally overwhelmed by the masses. :D The kids pool area is probably the worst so I just don't go there. But most parents are attentive and considerate of others. You do run into a few kids who are given free run of the ship and they tend to be mischievious. But that can happen anywhere.

I think you should try it if you're interested. Do a 3 day if you're really worried. They're a good step into the Disney product.

Cheryl

I will discuss it with the DW. I have heard allot of good things about Castaway Cay. Secondly, I may have sounded like I dont like kids. Thats really far from the truth. I love kids. I guess I envision since its a Disney cruise, there would be 1000 kids kids all amped up on soda and going nuts running around and stuff...:D You make it sound very nice. Thanks again for all the great info. I love these boards, there is so much good info on them.

Take care and happy sailing all....

I'll just add my agreement to the above posts I have no children but have sailed Disney twice. The kids are really not a problem and is adorable seeing some of them in the princess or other character costumes.

Go to Palo, the food is outstanding. The adult beach on Castaway Cay rarely has that many people there. Does it help to like Disney like I do? Sure but I don't think it's required.

Last year for our honeymoon, we cruised teh Wonder and I never saw any kids around the adult areas. It was verrry quiet and nice. If you want to have fun on this cruise, go to the rainforest spa....it's sooooo nice!!!!!! :D

Have dinner at Palo, spend time together at Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay, the adult area of the private island. Have an massage in the open air cabanas on the island. Soooooo relaxing!!!!! :)

We are planning our next trip back next year.....I wish it were already here!

Anna

I am a DCL concert thanks to Mom x 4! I was a bit worried last year when we did the magic. There are a lot of adult areas. I like the fact that the pools anre not salty. The shows are disney themed and there are alot of charcter sightings. CC is fabulous. Next we are doing the doulbe dip. This year we are doing Hawaii on RCI. You will have a great time.

Lexi

We've found the two lines to be very similar except that Disney has the character focus in their decor, shows, etc. To us the food and service were comparable. The ships were equally well maintained and cleaned. Staterooms were comparable if you're comparing similar age vessels. One might have more storage, another has a better bathtub, etc. But the differences level out among them.

Disney is fun if you enjoy the character related production shows, etc. For me it's always like returning to my childhood for a little moment in time. The kids shouldn't be a problem for you if you're cruising without one because you can stay in the adult pool area, etc. We usually do Disney WITH one of the kids so we are occasionally overwhelmed by the masses. :D The kids pool area is probably the worst so I just don't go there. But most parents are attentive and considerate of others. You do run into a few kids who are given free run of the ship and they tend to be mischievious. But that can happen anywhere.

I think you should try it if you're interested. Do a 3 day if you're really worried. They're a good step into the Disney product.

Cheryl

I agree that the level of service on Disney and Royal Caribbean as well as the maintience of the ships is very comparable.

Archived