Saphire beach or Coki beach?

Which beach did you prefer snorkeling at?

Did you find the beach crowded?

I haven't been to either beach, but from reading the boards, it appears that Coki is wonderful but can get crowded. Coki also has Coral World as well if that is of interest to you.

Please see this string for a number of responses to your question. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=556453

It seems like folks are recommending Sapphire over Coki.

Good luck and have fun!

Saphire Beach without a doubt. Coki beach is very nice however, after 10:30 am its very crowded with all of the tours from the various ships. You could do Coki Beach in the am then head off to Saphire. Coki Beach can also get a little cloudy (the water) if there is a lot of wind so the snorkeling is not as nice.

From what I've read, Coki gets somewhat better reviews for snorkeling and the VI website (v i n o w . c o m) rates it as having "excellent" snorkeling compared to Sapphire's "good" rating.

We were on Coki last year and had fun -- I didn't find it overly crowded, but everything's relative. It's a bit rustic, though -- bathrooms aren't in great shape. I want to try Sapphire this year for a change, but I hope the snorkeling there doesn't disappoint GF, who was really interested in revisiting the excellent snorkeling experience she had at Coki last year.

Saphire Beach without a doubt. Coki beach is very nice however, after 10:30 am its very crowded with all of the tours from the various ships. You could do Coki Beach in the am then head off to Saphire. Coki Beach can also get a little cloudy (the water) if there is a lot of wind so the snorkeling is not as nice.

Oh, we were wondering about the distance between the two. We were hoping to able to bail out and go over to Coki if we were disappointed in the snorkeling at Sapphire. How much time are we talking about?

Y'all are confusing me! Some say one some say the other.

Can you dive from Saphire beach? Or is it snorkel only?

Someone asked, how far are they apart, it is worth going to one then the other or will that be too time consuming?

Which is LESS commercial?

Which is less populated in the am's thru early afternoon?

Archived