Centruy sky suite location please

der93711

Would love to choose the right SS location on the Century. Reading about the noise on the 12th deck with the basketball court scares me. We are light sleepers and wonder about the best location on the 10th deck. There are rooms under the grill and the Island Cafe more mid ship....any suggestions would be appreciated.

Der:confused:

Would love to choose the right SS location on the Century. Reading about the noise on the 12th deck with the basketball court scares me. We are light sleepers and wonder about the best location on the 10th deck. There are rooms under the grill and the Island Cafe more mid ship....any suggestions would be appreciated.

Der:confused:

Currently sailing on Century in 1218 - no noise to speak of from above. The basketball court is actually two decks up - it's not right above the cabins. I would suspect that the Sky Suites on deck 12 are quieter than those on 10.

We were on Century over spring break this past April, in sky suite 1204. Lots of kids on board. Our room was quiet, no noise from basketball court, some sounds of pool band during day on our HUGE balcony, but the noise was not interfering or otherwise annoying. HUGE balcony makes the difference. Sky suites on deck 12 are great rooms!

David

PS: no one was up on the basketball court at night, and we couldnt hear noise from pool or anywhere else in our room. No problem sleeping.

Thank you all. I knew I could depend on this board to answer all my questions and fears. We chose suite 1222....has this room been totally renovated? Does it have a jetted tub?

Thank you for your patience.

Der:)

We had 5 Sky Suites on Deck 12 of Century this past Easter week (1212, 1218, 1220, 1222 and 1230). It was a wonderful location. The only noise issues we had were some people jogging above us very early in the a.m. There is a sign that states no jogging, but apparently some people can't read. We reported it to the Purser's Desk and they said next time it happens to call them and they will go up and inform the joggers that there is a jogging track elsewhere on the ship. However, each time it happened, just as it woke us from a deep sleep, by the time I would gather my thoughts and start to dial the Purser's Desk, the running would stop. I started to think it was teens above just running around, but it was at 6:30 a.m., so I don't think that there would be any kids up that early. It happened almost every morning. But other than that, we absolutely loved the location and the balcony is huge! I don't believe 1220 (my parents had that SS) was renovated, but it didn't look like it needed to be. It did have a flat screen T.V. and the bathroom had a jetted tub. The bathroom was very nice except for the fact that you could swing open the bathroom door all the way as the commode was in the way. But I wouldn't hesitate to book these SS again.

Archived