Caribbean Princess 7/29/07

johnboy1981

What floor are you going to be on? We will be on Baja in an interior all the way in the front of the ship. I think there are mixed reviews on here about the ship (mostly about the buffet). My parents and brother went on it within the last 2 years and all enjoyed it. I had a great time on Royal last year.

What floor are you going to be on? We will be on Baja in an interior all the way in the front of the ship. I think there are mixed reviews on here about the ship (mostly about the buffet). My parents and brother went on it within the last 2 years and all enjoyed it. I had a great time on Royal last year.

My partner and I have been on this ship twice and loved it both times! Not sure what the concern is with the buffet, but we never had any problems. Food was always very good and never overly crowded.

If you have not elected to do so, my recommendation is to elect Personal Choice dinning. PC allows you to show up for dinner any time that you would like rather than having an assigned time and table. However, if you're the type of couple who likes a scheduled time and table... never mind...:)

While the Caribbean holds a lot of people, we never felt crowded. Plenty of space around the ship to relax, both inside and out. Our favorite spot is the back of the ship, just outside of the buffet. Plenty of shade and a great view. It's also an adults only pool.

You will have a GREAT time!

We will be on Baja, midship with a balcony cabin, just booked last week.

We are quite excited to go, since Princess will be a total new experience for us. We have been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean quite a few times and these lines are getting to be too repetitive for us - so was time for change.

I also heard about the buffet reviews and honestly, both me and my bf are pretty fit guys and we try to eat pretty consciently on cruises, but we never had a problem with the food onboard. So I guess some people just dont get it, that buffets are not gourmet style cuisine. :)

Let us know how it goes boys!

I just found a very interesting site for the ship: cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com. It has all the menus and daily events on there for each day. They have GLBT meetings listed at least on 2 days. Does anyone know what happens at these meetings?

Johnboy1981,

Princess Cruises usually have a junior staff member host the GLBT meeting at a bar some where on the ship. They just welcome everyone who shows up and serves champagne. The hosts usually goes around and introduces themselves and tries to generate conversations.

Its very casual. I give Princess high marks for making GLBT members feel welcome.

The Caribbean Princess is a great ship and the Caribbean buffet, at the very rear of the ship (there are 2 different buffet restaurants) is one of the best I've ever experienced.

Enjoy!

Archived