Diving in Nassau with RCCL

rsd_cruiser

I will be on the Majesty of the Seas cruise in two weeks and we are planning on doing the 2 tank dive excursion in Nassau. Is the equipment provided by the cruise line themselves or through a local dive shop? If a local shop, does anyone happen to know the name of the shop? I want to make sure they have extra small BCs and preferably smaller tanks since I am a smaller person. Thanks

Rsd cruiser:

You will dive with Stuart Cove's in Nassau if you book through the ship. Google the name, I think the website is something like dive bahamas dot com.

We actually booked our own trip with SC because we wanted an afternoon dive and the ship was only offering a morning dive. The pickup at the pier is still part of price if you book yourself.

Stuart Cove's will tell you if you ask that you have to book through the ship because they contract with them. But it is cheaper to book yourself if you go with a don't-ask-don't-tell policy. After asking lots of questions by phone, I booked online a few days later (you can pick where you want to be picked up) and never had any trouble.

We had our own gear so I can't comment specifically on the gear, but they seem to be a large, well-run outfit, so they should have what you need. There were a couple teens on our dive boat, but they were pretty big boys.

We had a great time diving in Nassau, so I hope you do too!

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Archived