Looking for suggestions on Excursion Question.

TheRobber

I have been looking at the different things that we can do while on our cruise at the end of July. We are going to Ocho Rios and the Cayman Islands. The question/problem that I'm coming up with is the fact that I have two boys ages 10 and 6. It looks like some things the 10 year old can do and some things that the 6 year old can not do. My wife and I will will be both there as well, but is it reasonable to book separate excursions for the different age groups?

I most definitely want to take the oldest on a snorkeling adventure. ( That was the thing that I remembered most of my first cruise) I know that my wife can't do the snorkeling and most likely the youngest would not be able to snorkel either. Please give me any suggestions that you may have as to what we may look to do all together or if necessary separate.

Just got back from Carnival Legend trip 2 days ago with Grand Cayman on it's itinerary last Tuesday. We booked the Stingray excursion through Island Marketing LTD (Captain Bryon). It was our first cruise and I had read alot about this outfitter and they were great. We have 3 children (10,8,&6). The 8 & 10 yr old love to snorkel and swim and the 6 year old refuses to put the mask on. We get out there and the 10 and 8 yr olds wouldn't go out there and the 6 year old was on my back loving it. We could touch the ground (even though the waves were strong that day). Complete reversal of what I thought the day would be like.

Archived