Parking at Pier vs. Hotel

At Port Everglades, is it better or safer to leave your car at the pier parking area or try to stay in a hotel before the cruise that will let you leave your care there during the cruise?

Background:

We are driving from Georgia to Ft. Laud. (12 hours or so) on July 14th to get on the Carnival Liberty on the 15th. I'm trying to figure out if I should book a hotel that will allow us to leave our car there (and take their shuttle to the pier) or if it is better to park at the pier. I can think of pros and cons for each, but have never done either (either had a friend drive us or airport shuttle to pier in the past). The hotels I've found offer parking for $9 to $15 per day. It looks like the pier parking is $12 per day, so they are similar in cost. Is security ever a problem at one or the other?

Thanks so much!

T

I'm not aware of any problems with parking your car at one of the hotels that offer it, but, if you want peace of mind then park at the port. Not only will you car be parked inside of a covered parking garage, it will also be located in one of the safest, securest places to park in SoFla. Remember, to get into the port you have to clear security. If you don't have a reason to be at the port and proper documentation, your not getting into the port. One less thing to worry about while vacationing. ;)

At Port Everglades, is it better or safer to leave your car at the pier parking area or try to stay in a hotel before the cruise that will let you leave your care there during the cruise?

I'm trying to figure out if I should book a hotel that will allow us to leave our car there (and take their shuttle to the pier) or if it is better to park at the pier. I can think of pros and cons for each, but have never done either (either had a friend drive us or airport shuttle to pier in the past). The hotels I've found offer parking for $9 to $15 per day. It looks like the pier parking is $12 per day, so they are similar in cost. Is security ever a problem at one or the other?

Thanks so much!

T

I'm in the same situation and I decided that leaving my car unattended at the hotel is a little worrisome. I've read a few other posts of people who have had success with Park N Fly. It is a private parking facility with security that offers a shuttle from their parking area to the Port. They even help you with your luggage.

I just booked my spot with them a few days ago. For 7/8 days, my total was $63.00. I got $7 off by using my AAA card. If you're a AAA member, you have to call to get the discount. If you're not a member, you can book online for $10/day, with the 7th day being free.

Here's the website: www.parkandfly.com

Here's the reservations number: 1-800-763-6895

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Park n Fly is a great service but....

....they're great at getting you from their parking lot to the port, the problem lies when you return from your cruise and your waiting for their shuttle to bring you back to their lot. Picture half a dozen ships disembarking at the same time, dozens of pax at each terminal waiting for the Park n Fly van to bring them back to their car. When the van fills up it drives right by you. If your in the first stop, not a problem, if your the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th stop be prepared to wait an hour or an hour an a half to get to your car. You can grab a cab back to your car (that's what posters on these boards end up doing) but then the few dollars saved parking outside of the port have vanished.

Best bet, park at the port. Safe, secure, covered, out of the elements,easy in, easy out. ;)

Park n fly works great if your flying as flights are staggered and it's never mobbed, but for cruising, not so great.

You can park in the covered garage right at the Port for $12 a day...very handy compared to Park and Fly!

That's what the OP said in the orginal post...............:rolleyes: duh,,,,

Archived