When is the best time to cruise?

mansfieldmom

We like to cruise during every season. We are taking a short cruise to the Bahamas in January before heading over to Disney for a week. Sometimes Florida and the Bahamas can be chilly in January, but I am hoping we have at least 75-80 degree temps in Nassau.

I can't wait to take our 12 night cruise from NJ to the southern caribbean Feb 3 (before all the Spring Breakers).

We are taking a repositioning cruise from Boston to the eastern caribbean and Aruba Oct 28 ending in Miami in 2008.

I guess there is something for everybody when it comes to cruising. If you want bargain prices, then sail in the Fall. I often find last minute cruises during the winter that are bargains from Nov thru early February.

I've always gone early May (lol..all 2 times)...after spring break is over but before school lets out for summer. PERFECT weather..warm without being sweltering. (at least to this southern gal that knows the TRUE meaning of "muggy").

We will be heading to Mexico this August and again in Sept '08. I knew hurricanes were a concern but never thought of rain...duh!

For those of you that cruise Jan, Feb, and Mar, are you able to tolerate the water temps? I usually don't get in the pool but I have to squeeze in at least one snorkel excursion on my cruises.

My thinking is I would probably wind up "preferring" the weather in late sept/ early oct but I'm afraid I can't wait that long....*sob*

I like to do at least one cruise a year and two if the budget tolerates it. Since I'll be graduating and (hopefully) starting a new job next year, I'll have to settle for just the one in 2008. But I don't want to wait 11 mos to go again! Not to mention DH and I started cruising as a "no kids, just us" deal but this aug trip is with the kids and next sept is a group of 12...our entire extended family!:eek: (Do you reckon they got the idea from somewhere that cruising might actually be fun AND affordable ;)). Would like to get back to a cruise with just DH and I.*sigh..memories..misty water colored meeeeemmoooorrrries*

Are you to board police? I don't really see much problem with this post. Don't you have anything better to do? Are you bucking for a position as moderator?

If people don't read the rules and their posts are pulled or they get put in "time out", they are going to wonder why. If someone like Cotton informs people that what they are doing is against the rules, maybe next time they won't do it and they'll last around here as long as Cotton! Anyone who has been around here for a while would know that she was dead on with her post.

And to answer the OP, I prefer October through May and any time when kids are in school.

Archived